5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Employee Pricing and 0% for 84 months financing

RAMEN

Reaction score
I am shopping for a 2020 RAM 1500 Sport/Rebel here in Ontario, Canada and ALL the dealers have the same Employee Pricing and 0% for 84 month for financing in the current month of July(offer ends 31st).

So far nobody is willing to move a cent in terms of final price, claiming this is the price they pay themselves.

Is this legit? Also, I notice people in the US claiming they paid %15-20 under MSRP, is it possible in Canada? The truck I want has a window sticker with lets say $62K but after all the options added it comes to $75K minus dealer discount around $8-10K but then taxes on top(%13). Do you guys in the US actually pay around %10-20 off on the MSRP or MSRP plus options?

My desired truck is ending up with the final price of around $77K Canadian and it is $400 biweekly for 84 months with 5K down.

Maximum I’ve been offered is to throw in a tonneau cover and front window tint to match the rear.

Please let me know if I am missing something or not doing enough at the dealerships and it is better to wait till this EP and 0% offer is done in August?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m not exactly sure how things work up in Canada, but what do you mean by “MSRP with Options?” You should be getting the Employee Price based on the MSRP on the Window Sticker, then adding in taxes/registration/etc.

In the states, we don’t have the Employee Pricing offer, we currently have other manufacturer rebates that range from $1000 to $6000 off MSRP depending on trim level. On top of those manufacturer rebates, most dealers will add an additional “dealer discount” which can also range from $1000 to $5000 off. Again, that is dealer dependent, and is not associated with Ram.

Some dealers will add options to the truck to increase the MSRP and their profit. These options can range from VIN Etching, Nitrogen-Filled Tires, Alarm Systems, etc. These are pure profit for dealers and should immediately be negotiated out of the deal.

So, in the states, it is definitely possible to get the discount of 15%-20% off, possibly even a percent or two more. Have your dealer provide you with the vehicle build sheet (or order sheet) for the truck(s) you’re interested in. See attached. It’ll list the employee price for that particular truck (see highlights towards bottom of sheet).

Now I will say, that when Employee Pricing has been offered in the states, I believe that was probably the best discount buyers would get...not a whole lot of room for more discount.

Again, this is based on what I understand in the states. Hopefully some Canadian members can chime in and offer more help.

Attachments

• 410F2D05-131F-4EBB-B980-8817933C93E3.jpeg
    410F2D05-131F-4EBB-B980-8817933C93E3.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 51

Justbry

Reaction score
In the US, getting 0% for 84 forfeited all rebates, probably the same in Canada, so getting 20% off MSRP probably won’t happen. Most dealers are not negotiating very much as they don’t have a number to hit for VGP, they are automatically getting the manufacture money. Look at how much rebates you would get in lieu of 0% and see if that makes more sense.

sgk

Reaction score
I dont know of any dealers giving much more then what you were offered already. Truly at this point if 0 % for 84 months gets you payments you like its probably your best bet to purchase one. At 75k its probably a loaded Ram and as you may already know they are not making or taking any special orders for 2020 so whatever is located here in the GTA or Ontario is what you have to pick from. I would have taken advantage of the 0%/84m and traded in my 2 year old 19 but I can not find all the options I have plus a multi tailgate. If your lucky enough to have found all you're looking for in a Ram I doubt you will get a better monthly payment. I say payment cause if you had a lesser term at 0% or 1.9-2.9% then sure the cost of the truck itself can drop but payments would be similar, probably higher.

Last edited:

RAMEN

Reaction score
I’m not exactly sure how things work up in Canada, but what do you mean by “MSRP with Options?” You should be getting the Employee Price based on the MSRP on the Window Sticker, then adding in taxes/registration/etc.

In the states, we don’t have the Employee Pricing offer, we currently have other manufacturer rebates that range from $1000 to $6000 off MSRP depending on trim level. On top of those manufacturer rebates, most dealers will add an additional “dealer discount” which can also range from $1000 to $5000 off. Again, that is dealer dependent, and is not associated with Ram.

Some dealers will add options to the truck to increase the MSRP and their profit. These options can range from VIN Etching, Nitrogen-Filled Tires, Alarm Systems, etc. These are pure profit for dealers and should immediately be negotiated out of the deal.

So, in the states, it is definitely possible to get the discount of 15%-20% off, possibly even a percent or two more. Have your dealer provide you with the vehicle build sheet (or order sheet) for the truck(s) you’re interested in. See attached. It’ll list the employee price for that particular truck (see highlights towards bottom of sheet).

Now I will say, that when Employee Pricing has been offered in the states, I believe that was probably the best discount buyers would get...not a whole lot of room for more discount.

Again, this is based on what I understand in the states. Hopefully some Canadian members can chime in and offer more help.

Thanks for the lengthy response!
Here is what I mean by MSRP(top left) and then with all options added(bottom right)
Based on your response, I now assume that both prices are MSRP, however one is for base and one loaded, is that correct?

Thank you!
4f682088ce19f65a8d87aa669c4eefcc.jpg

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the lengthy response!
Here is what I mean by MSRP(top left) and then with all options added(bottom right)
Based on your response, I now assume that both prices are MSRP, however one is for base and one loaded, is that correct?

Thank you!
4f682088ce19f65a8d87aa669c4eefcc.jpg

That's correct. The $61,795 is the Base Price for a 1500 Sport Crew Cab 4x4 with the standard equipment. The $72,640 is the Total Price (MSRP) with all of the options and destination charge included. The employee pricing will be based off the MSRP ($72,640).

Alejandro_Andretti

Reaction score
I am shopping for a 2020 RAM 1500 Sport/Rebel here in Ontario, Canada and ALL the dealers have the same Employee Pricing and 0% for 84 month for financing in the current month of July(offer ends 31st).

So far nobody is willing to move a cent in terms of final price, claiming this is the price they pay themselves.

Is this legit? Also, I notice people in the US claiming they paid %15-20 under MSRP, is it possible in Canada? The truck I want has a window sticker with lets say $62K but after all the options added it comes to $75K minus dealer discount around $8-10K but then taxes on top(%13). Do you guys in the US actually pay around %10-20 off on the MSRP or MSRP plus options?

My desired truck is ending up with the final price of around $77K Canadian and it is $400 biweekly for 84 months with 5K down.

Maximum I’ve been offered is to throw in a tonneau cover and front window tint to match the rear.

Please let me know if I am missing something or not doing enough at the dealerships and it is better to wait till this EP and 0% offer is done in August?

Thank you!

55k truck for 45k otd here in California

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wow they charging you $995 for a sport hood that should come standard on a Rebel. Yes here in Ontario if you take the 0% for 84 months you won't get the discounts unless the dealer throws in some of theirs, no factory ones.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Holy cow. 84 months?
You'll be upside down forever on terms like that.

Cheers,

PwrdbyM

Reaction score
This is a simple math problem. We can't answer what kind of loan rate you'd get from your local bank, dealer financing etc. But get pre-approved for the loan term you want and do the math on how much interest you'd pay over the life of the loan. (loan calculator app). Then figure out what the additional discount is on the truck in lieu of taking the 0%. You have your answer.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Holy cow. 84 months?

I always pick 72-84 months for loan amount, as long as the interest hit isn't too high (obviously doesn't count in the case of 0%). Then I make payments as if I had a 60 month or shorter loan. This way, if crap hits the fan one month and things get super tight, I can drop the payment to the minimum 84-month amount for one or two months until things get back to normal.

RAMEN

Reaction score
Holy cow. 84 months?

Cheers,

How does it apply to a 0% loan and also to some who plans to keep the truck for 10 years plus?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
How does it apply to a 0% loan and also to some who plans to keep the truck for 10 years plus?

It applies if you don’t have GAP insurance and your truck gets stolen or totalled in the first few years. If that happens, you’ll owe more than the truck is worth.

RAMEN

Reaction score
Would you suggest I obtain GAP insurance(from the dealer or outside?)

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Would you suggest I obtain GAP insurance(from the dealer or outside?)
I’d get a quote before going to the dealer. Sometimes the dealer does huge markups on this. It should not cost more than a few hundred dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/