5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emergency Vehicle Ahead

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Been getting a message come up the last couple weeks that says "Caution, Emergency Vehicle Ahead", only I never did come across an emergency vehicle. I'm guessing this is some new alert that Stalantis is trying out? This is the first I've scene this message in 4 years.

GMetal

Reaction score
I believe there are settings in the vehicle menu that allow this to be turned off. I have odd changes to my system I dont change but I have to go back into the menu and shut off certain settings. I think their over the air updates change settings

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure how this would even work without 360 camera or live traffic updates(which requires uconnect subscription)

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure how this would even work without 360 camera or live traffic updates(which requires uconnect subscription)

Sirius Travel Alerts? I don't have any connected services and still get weather, fuel prices, etc.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sirius Travel Alerts? I don't have any connected services and still get weather, fuel prices, etc.
Just trying to figure out how they would know an emergency vehicle was ahead to give notification. Camera could detect the lights, traffic alerts would use reported conditions

GMetal

Reaction score
Just trying to figure out how they would know an emergency vehicle was ahead to give notification. Camera could detect the lights, traffic alerts would use reported conditions
Radar SWS like my radar detector? seems like its not used everywhere

Last edited:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It’s called EVAS, and Stellantis is rolling it out in new updates. Here’s a link to an article about it from January.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

"The system works by using geofencing and real-time data from emergency vehicles to alert drivers of the approaching emergency vehicle, giving drivers more time to safely and adequately respond. The system can even disregard vehicles on the other side of a divided highway."

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online