5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emergency Lighting

XoVoX

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any 2022 Ram 1500 specific suggestions for emergency lights.

I run my POV to fire/mva scenes and I'm looking for a good clean setup on lights.

I have a Laramie night edition and I don't want to advertise the lights too much. I'm not trying to look like a cop, just get people out of the way.

Yes, I can run red/blue/white/pink/purple, whatever color I want so please no charming comments about it being illegal lol.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any 2022 Ram 1500 specific suggestions for emergency lights.

I run my POV to fire/mva scenes and I'm looking for a good clean setup on lights.

I have a Laramie night edition and I don't want to advertise the lights too much. I'm not trying to look like a cop, just get people out of the way.

Yes, I can run red/blue/white/pink/purple, whatever color I want so please no charming comments about it being illegal lol.
If your not a cop what are you? I don't know the laws in Texas but around here its very illegal to run blinking rights regardless of the color.
I would recommend looking into the Tazer DT (as long as you don't have a 22 as it doesn't work on those). Lookup "light show in motion"

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If your not a cop what are you? I don't know the laws in Texas but around here its very illegal to run blinking rights regardless of the color.
I would recommend looking into the Tazer DT (as long as you don't have a 22 as it doesn't work on those). Lookup "light show in motion"
Volunteer firefighter most likely. I definitely wouldn't recommend the tazer for his needs. He's needing true emergency lights. Not a "cool" thing that makes your factory lights blink.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Volunteer firefighter most likely. I definitely wouldn't recommend the tazer for his needs. He's needing true emergency lights. Not a "cool" thing that makes your factory lights blink.
I don't see whats wrong with using OEM lights and making them blink\flash since they are white lights.
OP said "...I don't want to advertise the lights too much. I'm not trying to look like a cop, just get people out of the way."

If he wants to have his truck retrofitted he can do that I guess.
Police Lights from Ultra Bright Lightz has stuff that can be installed if he wants to got he route of installing a bunch of hardware and switches, or just get it retrofitted like a cop car. There are shops that retrofit cars. I don't near anywhere near the OP to recommend a place though.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A TazerDT can get you mostly what you want in that you can program it to flash your factory lights in pattern of your choice. If you want colored lights, I would check out what diode dynamics has for options, and get a Bluetooth controller and use your phone to control the lights.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OP - if you see my username, I obviously also am familiar with emergency lighting. I upfit emergency vehicles part time. Don't go with the recommendations these guys above are saying. You need true class 1, SAE rated emergency lights. If you ever get in a wreck using non rated lights, you can be found at fault due to improper equipment. If you're on a budget, look at Feniex or Strobes N More lights. Both are pretty good and budget friendly. If you have a bigger budget and want an ever better quality product, the Soundoff Signal Mpowers are small, sleek and blow the rest of the market out of the water...but you will pay for them. But again, they're top of the line in the emergency lighting world.

Sgt7544

Reaction score
I run a set of 4" Mpower lights from Sound Off Signal and a set of new Strobes N More 6" flex lights in the grille. Not very discreet but they are bright.

therealsmokey

Reaction score
I run a set of 4" Mpower lights from Sound Off Signal and a set of new Strobes N More 6" flex lights in the grille. Not very discreet but they are bright.
Hey man, I have been looking for a similar setup do you have pics of the final product?

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a visor lightbar like Blacksheep37 which is wired into a controller for me to turn on/off. Also have custom light settings with the TazerDT.

Users who are viewing this thread