5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emblem on tailgate

GeorgiaBoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When I had my truck detailed, the RAM logo on the tailgate came off. What is the best way to reattach?

GeorgiaBoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Double-sided 3M/Scotch mounting tape is what I'd recommend. The "extreme" stuff.

View attachment 185340
I'll give that a shot. It's the plastic cover, not the entire emblem with clips. So my concern is that there will not be enough surface area. And if so it will stand proud of the back plate. I may have to use superglue.

Attachments

• IMG_1369.jpeg
    IMG_1369.jpeg
    208.2 KB · Views: 20

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'll give that a shot. It's the plastic cover, not the entire emblem with clips. So my concern is that there will not be enough surface area. And if so it will stand proud of the back plate. I may have to use superglue.
Oh, didn't realize that. Yeah, the tape won't work well on that part. I agree, superglue is probably your answer.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Or use this as your opportunity to completely replace the rear badge. Before the TRX came along, I had a Rebel on order. My wife bought me a cool badge for the tailgate that I never used. You could do something like this (there are a ton of different options you can buy off the shelf).

empire logo.jpg

bullitt_60

Reaction score
It might be easier to order a lo mein special to replace it. I swapped my chrome badges for black and I can't tell a difference between the knockoffs from factory.

THWg

GeorgiaBoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It might be easier to order a lo mein special to replace it. I swapped my chrome badges for black and I can't tell a difference between the knockoffs from factory.

THWg
I'm going the superglue route first. If it falls off I'll order another one.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Any number of adhesives will work for that, but I'm dubious about how well super glue will hold up to the elements over time. It's worth a try but you may lose it if the super glue fails while you're driving or going through an automated car wash.

GeorgiaBoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Any number of adhesives will work for that, but I'm dubious about how well super glue will hold up to the elements over time. It's worth a try but you may lose it if the super glue fails while you're driving or going through an automated car wash.
Agreed. I'm leaving on a cross-country trip in a couple of days. If it falls off, so be it. I'll replace the whole unit. I never run it through a car wash but ironically, the mobile detail guy blew it off with his pressure washer.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
CA/Superglue or if you feel extra fancy, two-part epoxy is my favorite for a long lasting repair.

Either way, make sure to clean both mating surfaces with rubbing alcohol and dry with a towel before applying the glue. Even if superglue you are using is "instant", give it a little time before exposing the badge to water.

sblack33741

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My wife accidentally pulled off my bumper cover on my 2017 Legacy. I thought I got it attached prior to a long drive from the DC area to Mississippi. By the time I arrived a 3rd was hanging off. I used Gorilla glue to glue it back on. That was 2018 and it is now 2024 and that bumper cover has not budged. Just my recommendation.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Gorilla glue works well when applied as recommended. I've used it for lots of stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online