5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emblem Badge Removal

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those that removed them, did it completely booger them or did the adhesive on back stay in tact?

I'm considering painting them with black shadow chrome instead of going with the straight flat black, but of it butchers them to take them off, it's probably more headache than it's worth.

Yedi

Reaction score
coming from body guy. One of the best ways to remove emblems intact is with An Air Hammer.......yes, its true.

3M makes an emblem/molding removal attachment, that goes in your air hammer. works slick as you know what.

then use a rubber eraser wheel to remove the remaining adhesive/2 sided tape from the paint.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
coming from body guy. One of the best ways to remove emblems intact is with An Air Hammer.......yes, its true.

3M makes an emblem/molding removal attachment, that goes in your air hammer. works slick as you know what.

then use a rubber eraser wheel to remove the remaining adhesive/2 sided tape from the paint.

Ahhhhhh. Man. I could have used this tip when I removed my Xpel headlight covers. I spent a couple of hours and a whole can of Goof-Off getting the glue off.

Yedi

Reaction score
Ahhhhhh. Man. I could have used this tip when I removed my Xpel headlight covers. I spent a couple of hours and a whole can of Goof-Off getting the glue off.

well, those eraser wheels don't work so good on plastic. more for paint. worth a shot though!

geotex1

Reaction score
well, those eraser wheels don't work so good on plastic. more for paint. worth a shot though!

Yeah, a 3M wheel won't work on that. Saturating the tape with WD40 for a day or soaking in 92+% isopropyl alchohol will let you remove the tape without damaging the plastichrome. If you don't care because of refinishing, then you can soak them Xenit, Prepsol, or more aggressive solvent. Just watch you don't use a solvent that also eats the plastic itself.

Users who are viewing this thread