5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elocker AND Limited Slip??

SeaBass67

Reaction score
Greetings,
I’m in the Process of ordering a Big Horn to replace my ’14 Express. I’ve always been happy with the LSD in my Express but the package I plan to order for the Big Horn includes the ELocker. There is an option to select the LSD as well in the options. I live in the North East and ski with my boys most weekends so I do a lot of driving on snow and ice with occasional jaunts off road in the summer. Would I need the LSD in addition to the ELocker or does the ELocker replace the LSD? I don’t want to spend the extra $500 on the LSD if I don’t have to.
Thanks

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
ELocker or LSD...selecting one will deselect the other (or the configurator is broken again).

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can only choose one or the other, the locker will only engage under 25mph or something around there.
But regardless your truck will behave like it has a limited slip due to how the traction control works.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

JeffPA

Reaction score
Yes, that definitely broken, now if you always been happy with the LSD in your 14' Express why change.

He said in his original post that the package he was looking at came with the ELocker

pinkerton

Reaction score
I have the e-locker and recommend the LSD. I don't use the e-lock because you have to push a button to engage (it's fine when you know you want it but that limits the use-ability)

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the e-locker and recommend the LSD. I don't use the e-lock because you have to push a button to engage (it's fine when you know you want it but that limits the use-ability)
Same. I've had both. LSD on a '19 and e-locker on my '20 and feel I made a huge mistake with the e-locker.

Users who are viewing this thread