5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eliminating Drone

Saabflyer89

Reaction score
Good Morning All,

I have a 2022 Ram 1500 that I have put long tube headers on along with a 24" magnaflow muffler. I like the sound of this set up... for the most part. However I do have some pretty bad drone between 1500 and 2000 RPMs. This just happens to be where the engine likes to run when on the highway. Additionally when towing the drone is deafening. When shopping for a muffler all the research I read stated that the longest magnaflow muffler (the 24") was going to be almost stock in terms of sound, with no drone... I do still have the resonators on the truck. At this point I'm about ready to just put the factory muffler back on but wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts or input on this. would adding some sound deadner to the back of the cab and maybe even under the bed just above the muffler help to absorb some of this frequency? perhaps its reverberating within the bed of the truck causing a much louder drone effect? is there another muffler that someone would recommend? Thanks in advance for any insight

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
To get rid of the drone, you need to change the muffler.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks thats what I figured, do you have any recommendations on a different muffler? is the Stock Muffler really that bad performance wise?
You won't get much better performance with an aftermarket system. That being said, I have the Carven cat back and there is no drone even in ECO mode.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
here is some advised recently posted - post # 3

Users who are viewing this thread