5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Electronic Stability Control question

Fbird

Reaction score
Truck: 21 ram DT 4x4 3" lift 35x12.5 tires

Question: Is the ESC only RE-ACTIVE or is it PRO-ACTIVE?

Issue: i have notice that there are several areas I drive that the truck will apply independant braking while I am still accelerating through a turn? Also I have been coasting through a turn and feel it apply (usually inside front) brake and illuminate the ESC light? While I am NOT trying to autocross my truck I do not understand how this system is trying to work. I feel 1000% confident at the speed and direction I am traveling but the truck seems to think I'm going to fast. So does this esc ssystem utilize speed and steering input to determine ESC braking or does it use LOSS OF TRACTION (comparing wheel speeds) to determine ESC action? With all the nanny systems embedded in stuff now I have no clue. (i've only been in the truck 1 yr with wheels and tire about 6 months ago)

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Attached some reading that may help with "nanny" issues.

Attachments

• abs system.pdf
    587.7 KB · Views: 3

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's reactive in that it is reacting to your turn angle compared to speed and is apply the brakes to prevent the *** end from passing the front end.

You can disable both traction control and ESC by holding the traction control button down for 5-6 seconds. However, its like deactivating the auto stop. You must do it over each time you restart the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread