5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Electrical motor sound....?

Bboyce536

Reaction score
I was told by a service tech it was a cabin vent door closing to not let any moisture in when truck is off. Has anyone manually engaged the parking brake to see if it makes the same sound?

Ram79hemi

Reaction score
I have heard the sound as well , I believe it is the fuel pump. The sound comes from the driver side rear of the truck, right where the fuel tank is located. it might possibly be the fuel pump repriming the system for the next startup.

GATORB8

Reaction score
I heard mine do it.
I turned the automatic parking brake off, so I don’t know if it does it anyway, but clears automatically or what.
I drive a short distance where I don’t need a belt on. The parking brake when in auto, won’t disingage itself when putting it in drive unless the belt is buckled. This is a PITA when going through gates and such.
Drove me crazy the when I tried to put the boat in the water with it on. I think it was also tied to the door being left opened.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think this question was already answered. Further speculation on other sources of the sound is...entertaining. :LOL:

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Guys......It's the electronic parking brake. YES, other things do make noise in the rear of the truck but the op himself said he figured out it was the parking brake.

Users who are viewing this thread