5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Electrical motor sound....?

Gregory.wall

Reaction score
Wondering if someone here knows....every time I shut the truck down I hear only what I can describe as an electric motor sound coming from the rear of the vehicle. Any idea what the truck is doing to make this noise? Just being curious.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wondering if someone here knows....every time I shut the truck down I hear only what I can describe as an electric motor sound coming from the rear of the vehicle. Any idea what the truck is doing to make this noise? Just being curious.

Air suspension?

Gregory.wall

Reaction score
Electric parking brake
Well that’s two of y’all that said parking brake and my wife said she did hear it from the wheel area and I know I’ve definitely heard it from the rear of the vehicle, though I don’t fully trust my hearing with my lil bit of hearing loss.

That’s a neat feature.

GATORB8

Reaction score
If it’s not the parking brake, if you shut the truck down in gear you can hear a whine when it shifts to park for you.

Daniel

Reaction score
Air suspension compressor

Gsmagnum

Reaction score
I heard mine do it.
I turned the automatic parking brake off, so I don’t know if it does it anyway, but clears automatically or what.
I drive a short distance where I don’t need a belt on. The parking brake when in auto, won’t disingage itself when putting it in drive unless the belt is buckled. This is a PITA when going through gates and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/