5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Electrical issues.

1arborcrescent

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I own a 2019 ram 1500 and keep having the same issue. I keep getting all kinds of lights on the dashboard. I taken my truck three times to the dealer and they never get it right. I don’t want to waste more time and money in this issue. This last time the dealer is asking to replace the backlite window. Dealer is saying water in going inside the cabin and causing electrical issues. I’m new to this forum so any help sure will help.

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_0951.jpeg
    IMG_0951.jpeg
    83.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0950.jpeg
    IMG_0950.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 53

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I own a 2019 ram 1500 and keep having the same issue. I keep getting all kinds of lights on the dashboard. I taken my truck three times to the dealer and they never get it right. I don’t want to waste more time and money in this issue. This last time the dealer is asking to replace the backlite window. Dealer is saying water in going inside the cabin and causing electrical issues. I’m new to this forum so any help sure will help.

Thank you.
My truck is having a similar issue currently and is at the dealer. Have they replaced anything on yours to try to fix it?

1arborcrescent

Reaction score
IMG_1003.jpeg IMG_1002.jpeg IMG_1001.jpeg IMG_0999.jpeg My truck is having a similar issue currently and is at the dealer. Have they replaced anything on yours to try to fix it?
They replaced the body control module the first time. I just picked it up yesterday afternoon and started doing the same thing this morning. This will be the fourth time I take it to the dealer and they can’t figured it out. The dealer recommended changing the backlite sliding window because they are saying water is coming in through the window. I’ve been hearing that rams have this issue. I wonder why ram hasn’t don’t a recall regarding this issue. Now I’m wasting time and money for an issue that can’t be resolved. I loved my truck but at this point is not worth it. At this point It’s longer at the dealer than at my house. If anyone has any input I sure would appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_0998.jpeg
    IMG_0998.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 21

6of36

Reaction score
They replaced the body control module the first time. I just picked it up yesterday afternoon and started doing the same thing this morning. This will be the fourth time I take it to the dealer and they can’t figured it out. The dealer recommended changing the backlite sliding window because they are saying water is coming in through the window. I’ve been hearing that rams have this issue. I wonder why ram hasn’t don’t a recall regarding this issue. Now I’m wasting time and money for an issue that can’t be resolved. I loved my truck but at this point is not worth it. At this point It’s longer at the dealer than at my house. If anyone has any input I sure would appreciate it.
Recalls are for safety issues, water leaks, or any other common repair, don't qualify.

Richard320

Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
First question: Is the battery original?

I don't care if the dealer tested it and said it was good. I asked if it is original. If so, start there. Countless people here have had gremlins that miraculously disappeared when the battery was replaced.

Bunch of links to related threads here: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/battery.46348/

1arborcrescent

Reaction score
Yes the battery was replaced by a new one. That’s the first thing the dealer took care of.

Tripolet333

Reaction score
Having similar issues. Early July was driving in the rain when a bunch of warning lights came up saying traction control, 4x4, auto park, ABS, trailer brake were unavailable and needed to be serviced. Shut it off for a few minutes, restarted, issue was gone. Threw a scanner on it and had a number of codes. Made a service appointment the next day (earliest I could get was August 10th). Drove it for a couple weeks and then on July 25th I was sitting in a parking lot on a dry midwestern near-100 degree day and it did it again. This time just about every feature on the truck came up saying it needed to be serviced and the wipers started going. Shut it off, restarted, and drove it home only to have it happen again on the highway. Lost power steering, lost acceleration, went into limp mode, got it off the highway and towed to the dealer.

They’ve had it for almost a month now, just started looking at it last week but from updates I’ve gathered they’ve maybe only looked at it for 2 or 3 days. The tech said there were a ton of error codes and he smelled a burning smell from the PDC but he can’t find anything wrong. He doesn’t think it’s the battery although I did replace this back in April. They’re going to clear the codes and have someone drive it around today to see if it acts up again or throws a code but we all know how that will turn out: “It was fine, no issues”.

They said come Monday I need to make a decision on whether I take it or leave it with them. My extended warranty won’t cover anything because they have no claim to file. So if nothing happens today and they can’t find the issue, I’m stuck with a labor bill and an unreliable truck. This forum is rife with electrical issue posts so I’m planning to send the dealer a list of things I want checked based on some of the things I’ve seen here.

I also found carcomplaints.com shows 2019 Rams as having a much higher complaint count than other model years with electrical problems being the top complaint. I’ve got a 45 minute drive to the office, two small kids under 5 to cart around, and a camper to tow in a few weeks, if they can’t find the issue, I might be trading this in for something not built by Ram because I’ve lost a lot of confidence in this truck…

1arborcrescent

Reaction score
Having similar issues. Early July was driving in the rain when a bunch of warning lights came up saying traction control, 4x4, auto park, ABS, trailer brake were unavailable and needed to be serviced. Shut it off for a few minutes, restarted, issue was gone. Threw a scanner on it and had a number of codes. Made a service appointment the next day (earliest I could get was August 10th). Drove it for a couple weeks and then on July 25th I was sitting in a parking lot on a dry midwestern near-100 degree day and it did it again. This time just about every feature on the truck came up saying it needed to be serviced and the wipers started going. Shut it off, restarted, and drove it home only to have it happen again on the highway. Lost power steering, lost acceleration, went into limp mode, got it off the highway and towed to the dealer.

They’ve had it for almost a month now, just started looking at it last week but from updates I’ve gathered they’ve maybe only looked at it for 2 or 3 days. The tech said there were a ton of error codes and he smelled a burning smell from the PDC but he can’t find anything wrong. He doesn’t think it’s the battery although I did replace this back in April. They’re going to clear the codes and have someone drive it around today to see if it acts up again or throws a code but we all know how that will turn out: “It was fine, no issues”.

They said come Monday I need to make a decision on whether I take it or leave it with them. My extended warranty won’t cover anything because they have no claim to file. So if nothing happens today and they can’t find the issue, I’m stuck with a labor bill and an unreliable truck. This forum is rife with electrical issue posts so I’m planning to send the dealer a list of things I want checked based on some of the things I’ve seen here.

I also found carcomplaints.com shows 2019 Rams as having a much higher complaint count than other model years with electrical problems being the top complaint. I’ve got a 45 minute drive to the office, two small kids under 5 to cart around, and a camper to tow in a few weeks, if they can’t find the issue, I might be trading this in for something not built by Ram because I’ve lost a lot of confidence in this truck…
Good morning,

Thank you for your information. It’s very frustrating having a newer vehicle that is not reliable! My truck is still at the dealer at the moment. I have a total of four dodge trucks and to be honest I don’t think I’ll buy another one. Time is money. If the dealer can’t fix the issue what should I expect?

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
I got my truck back today after them replacing 68321746AA- can buss connector and I am still having the same issues with my truck.
The advisor said there are 7 of these connectors around the truck but this one is right behind the headlight control on the dash to the left of the steering wheel.
I’m so tired of this issue

Tripolet333

Reaction score
Dealer ended up giving me my truck back, said it’s a CAN bus issue and they can’t find what’s causing it. Basically they told me I have to keep driving it until it gets bad enough they can reproduce it. So I guess they’re saying that despite the intermittent issue that caused it to shutdown on me on the highway, the truck must still be safe to put my wife and kids in and tow a camper with.

I had also reached out to @RamCares to see if there was anything they could do to help. They asked for my info and then I never heard a peep from them…guess Ram doesn’t care after all.

Anyway, I’m off to trade this thing in for something that isn’t a Ram. Hope you all have better luck than I did and find fixes for your trucks.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Dealer ended up giving me my truck back, said it’s a CAN bus issue and they can’t find what’s causing it. Basically they told me I have to keep driving it until it gets bad enough they can reproduce it. So I guess they’re saying that despite the intermittent issue that caused it to shutdown on me on the highway, the truck must still be safe to put my wife and kids in and tow a camper with.

I had also reached out to @RamCares to see if there was anything they could do to help. They asked for my info and then I never heard a peep from them…guess Ram doesn’t care after all.

Anyway, I’m off to trade this thing in for something that isn’t a Ram. Hope you all have better luck than I did and find fixes for your trucks.
This sucks man

Users who are viewing this thread