5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Electrical Issues! Uconnect screen not working when truck is running!

Ramdeathstar

Reaction score
So, when I turn on the accessories by just pressing the ignition button without the brake, I have no issues. The display screen works, radio functions, climate control works, and front window buttons work. However, once I start the truck completely, the screen shuts off, all climate control functions stop and I lose only the front window buttons (rears work fine). Super frustrating issue and really can't wrap my head around it since it works just fine under accessory power. I was thinking maybe a loose connection somewhere? Maybe a fuse? but still why would it be so consistent under accessory power then just immediately shut off once the vehicle is started. Any insight and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Ramdeathstar

Reaction score
Update! So I kept getting the message that my right rear turn signal was out, however it always still worked as I would see it illuminate in my side mirrors. After taking my car to the dealership where they ran diagnostics on it, they determined that a short caused by that same taillight is what caused all my other electronics to stop working properly. So just wanted to update this post incase anyone runs into this same issue.

Tom5

Reaction score
So, when I turn on the accessories by just pressing the ignition button without the brake, I have no issues. The display screen works, radio functions, climate control works, and front window buttons work. However, once I start the truck completely, the screen shuts off, all climate control functions stop and I lose only the front window buttons (rears work fine). Super frustrating issue and really can't wrap my head around it since it works just fine under accessory power. I was thinking maybe a loose connection somewhere? Maybe a fuse? but still why would it be so consistent under accessory power then just immediately shut off once the vehicle is started. Any insight and advice would be greatly appreciated!
I have the same issue how did you resolve the problem

Users who are viewing this thread