5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Electrical Issue - New to me RAM 2020

Hadit55

Reaction score
Hello, I decided to join the RAM family and bought a used 2020 Big Horn V8 from a "reputable" dealer in my area. The Carfax was squeaky clean and the vehicle was a 1 owner lease with oil changes done every 6,000 miles. I had a mechanic check my vehicle out and he found the attached electrical codes. The odd part is everything is functioning correctly in the vehicle including the fog lamps and parking sensors which both threw codes. I am having the dealer pick up Monday to replace what seems to be a slightly leaky third break light and am surely going to mention this. I'm wondering if anyone has ever dealt with something similar when everything in the vehicle is functioning as expected? I have 3 very small children and would hate for some freak accident event to happen down the road with the electrical system while I'm driving.

Codes:
B16FB-15
B16F7-15
B128E-11
B1291-11
B1290-11

Attachments

• Codes1.jpg
    Codes1.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Codes2.jpg
    Codes2.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

RC Turner

Reaction score
I have a 2020 and have had a couple of strange issues electronically. The solution was a simple reflash. Problems solved for the last 20000 miles.

Hadit55

Reaction score
I have a 2020 and have had a couple of strange issues electronically. The solution was a simple reflash. Problems solved for the last 20000 miles.
Thank you. Hopefully that is my experience as well but I have a feeling I have some wiring issues. My only apprehension on that theory is that everything seems to he functioning normal with the exception of the backup camera which has not worked on two occasions. It seemed though that was only when I started the car and put it in reverse before the screen had time to correctly start up. Just confused about the whole situation.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Check out the threads for water leaks. If it's an E-torque, there is a battery and electronics behind the back seat that could have gotten wet.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It could also be that the dealer replaced the battery and it can take a little while for the codes to go away .

Users who are viewing this thread