5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Electrical fluctuations

Leff

Reaction score
So I have a puzzle for yall. I have a 19 ram 1500 5.7 without etorque. I was having problems with my lights(exterior/interior) and A/C fluctuating/dropping off. I was also getting upwards of 16v on the battery. So I replaced the battery and alternator today. That did not fix anything. Ive checked all grounds and ground straps on the body and the frame underneath, disconnected all of my aftermarket goodies and checked all fuses. Any ideas as to what else it could be?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I haven’t had to research the theory and operation of the charging circuit, but I’m wondering if there’s an input from the BCM or another module to tell it how to regulate charging. Kind of like an external regulator, but computer-controlled.

Are you out of warranty?

If you get stuck and no one else can give the answer here, I have access to find out the theory and operation of the charging circuit and its just a matter of having time to do it.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
So I have a puzzle for yall. I have a 19 ram 1500 5.7 without etorque. I was having problems with my lights(exterior/interior) and A/C fluctuating/dropping off. I was also getting upwards of 16v on the battery. So I replaced the battery and alternator today. That did not fix anything. Ive checked all grounds and ground straps on the body and the frame underneath, disconnected all of my aftermarket goodies and checked all fuses. Any ideas as to what else it could be?
I'd be suspicious of the Intelligent Battery Sensor (IBS), which is on the negative post. It tells the PCM the state of the battery and how much juice it can handle.

Users who are viewing this thread