5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Electric parking brake issues

theRamguy

Reaction score
what year is your truck?
2019. The body shop was repainting my bumpers and they got everything all buttoned up and it wouldn't disengage. Odd thing is it worked the day they finished, had it parked and the next day it wouldn't disengage

Bk13

Reaction score
I just went through this very same ordeal. I've got a 2019 ram 1500 laramie with the 5.7 hemi. No issues with the truck when I bought it at 55K miles back in 2020, now at 89.2K, until tonight. I thought it might've been a frozen mechanical component. I don't know enough about engines to tinker in that regard without a really good YouTube video and an array of tools I can't afford. I disconnected the battery for about minutes and hooked it all back up. That seemed to work for the time being. Do you think I should take it in to have the EBS components inspected?

Buck64

Reaction score
My 2020 Ram Big Horn drive fine this morning. As I just started it to go out, it cranked but the eBrake did not disengage and the BRAKE light is flashing. It sounds like it's trying to disengage but doesn't. Any ideas?

joelmiddleton

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Limited Crew Cab. This first happened to me in February of 2021 when the truck was under warranty. The dealer diagnosed some sort of ABS system issue and a few days later it was fixed. It happened for a second time and I am outside of the warranty. The dealer diagnosed the Front Wiring Harness (or something like that). The part was backordered and tomorrow will make 3 weeks without my truck. Aside from the expensive repair, I am out $2,500 in rental car costs. The dealer rep advised that I contact Ram Customer Care to help expedite the repair (they did not...in fact time was added over and above the initial ETA) and possibly help with the costs. I was offered $400 to help with the rental car. Luckily, we have AAA, and there wasn't a direct cost for the tow. It's mind boggling that there is not a manual override to release the parking brake.

We have two dealers within 15 miles of my house. The service at both is not good. Nobody communicates and there is zero sense of urgency or desire to ease your financial suffering. I really was excited about my Ram and overall I really do like it, but I am really starting to think about going back to one of the other manufacturers for my next one in a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread