5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Electric devices reset constantly on the dash

seen76

Reaction score
Hi Members,

I am a European 2019 RAM owner, and I have a serious issue, which the dealership failed to repair so far, and I am seeking if maybe somebody in the states had similar issues. After owning the RAM for a couple of months, some of the driver assist services started to "blink" with failures on the dash. After a second it disappeared and everything was back to normal. This got worse and worse and more and more services become affected. Today I have a RAM which flashes about 6-8 services with failures, every 10 seconds while I am running the car (parking break, driver assists, lane sense, automatic headlights, ride height, cruise control etc.).

My dealership changed the alternator already but it did not fix the problem. The car drives normal, the uconnect is not affected at all.

Anybody had similar problems maybe? If so, what was the fix? This issue drives my RAM almost unusable.

Here is a link with the video:

Any help is highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Southside

Reaction score
Hi Members,

I am a European 2019 RAM owner, and I have a serious issue, which the dealership failed to repair so far, and I am seeking if maybe somebody in the states had similar issues. After owning the RAM for a couple of months, some of the driver assist services started to "blink" with failures on the dash. After a second it disappeared and everything was back to normal. This got worse and worse and more and more services become affected. Today I have a RAM which flashes about 6-8 services with failures, every 10 seconds while I am running the car (parking break, driver assists, lane sense, automatic headlights, ride height, cruise control etc.).

My dealership changed the alternator already but it did not fix the problem. The car drives normal, the uconnect is not affected at all.

Anybody had similar problems maybe? If so, what was the fix? This issue drives my RAM almost unusable.

Here is a link with the video:

Any help is highly appreciated.

Cheers,
I have read in a couple other posts that a common problem is the fuses in both panels are not properly seated, i would check them first.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have read in a couple other posts that a common problem is the fuses in both panels are not properly seated, i would check them first.

Agreed, check all the fuses both under the steering wheel and under the hood.

Also, this truck acts super finicky with a weak battery...so that might be worth investigating as well (though I have never seen any complaints remotely close to this with all the weak battery reports).

seen76

Reaction score
Thank you for the tips! What do you mean by the panels not being seated properly? You mean the fuse sockets themselves are eg. loose?

seen76

Reaction score
Agreed, check all the fuses both under the steering wheel and under the hood.

Also, this truck acts super finicky with a weak battery...so that might be worth investigating as well (though I have never seen any complaints remotely close to this with all the weak battery reports).
The dealer ordered a new battery and a new battery management panel as well, they ship it in 25 days (!) from the European store. So I guess I will just have to wait.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The blinking lights in the door also makes me think there may be a bad relay somewhere, or even a bad body control module. If the battery doesn't fix things this is one of those electrical gremlins that may turn into a huge pain in the ***.

Are you the original owner? If not, do you know the vehicle's history? Accident? Flooding?

seen76

Reaction score
The blinking lights in the door also makes me think there may be a bad relay somewhere, or even a bad body control module. If the battery doesn't fix things this is one of those electrical gremlins that may turn into a huge pain in the ***.

Are you the original owner? If not, do you know the vehicle's history? Accident? Flooding?
Thank you also for the tips. I will double check the relays and fuse boxes on the weekend.

Yes, I am the original owner, it was custom ordered (waited for 8 months...), so not even a "lot" vehicle. It has about 20k miles on the clock.

seen76

Reaction score
Do you guys know, by any chance, what is the common in these modules:
- parking break
- cruise control
- drive height
- lane sense
- blind spot monitoring
- ambient lights

because they all seem to go out at once. So a cut-off relay makes a lot of sense, if we have something like that. Also please note, that this is the very first car the dealer has in for service, as they have opened the dealership 6 months ago, and there is nothing else nearby. I originally bought the car from a German dealer.

Which is also interesting: when it first started happening, for the first month only the ambient lights were flickering, then joined in the blind spot monitoring. I brought the car into the dealership and they said its the alternator/regulator combo, but it was not on stock, so i had to wait about 3 months to get the alternator. By the time it arrived, the rest of the things started flickering as well (and the alternator swap did not solve it).

Last edited:

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you guys know, by any chance, what is the common in these modules:
- parking break
- cruise control
- drive height
- lane sense
- blind spot monitoring
- ambient lights

because they all seem to go out at once. So a cut-off relay makes a lot of sense, if we have something like that. Also please note, that this is the very first car the dealer has in for service, as they have opened the dealership 6 months ago, and there is nothing else nearby. I originally bought the car from a German dealer.

Which is also interesting: when it first started happening, for the first month only the ambient lights were flickering, then joined in the blind spot monitoring. I brought the car into the dealership and they said its the alternator/regulator combo, but it was not on stock, so i had to wait about 3 months to get the alternator. By the time it arrived, the rest of the things started flickering as well (and the alternator swap did not solve it).
@Jimmy07 Do you happen to know if all of these run through the BCM?

Users who are viewing this thread