5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Electric Brake Vacuum Pump keeps cycling on and off and killed battery

andyman

Reaction score
my 2019 5.7 L ram 1500

Electric Brake Vacuum Pump keeps cyling on and off and it killed my battery. is this an issue for anyone else? Is this a warranty issue?​

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you're in the 36,000 mile and 3 year bumper to bumper warranty it should be covered . I haven't heard about that being a problem before .

DannyMc

Reaction score
my 2019 5.7 L ram 1500

Electric Brake Vacuum Pump keeps cyling on and off and it killed my battery. is this an issue for anyone else? Is this a warranty issue?​

Did you ever get a resolution? My truck has been doing the same thing since late December. Now 2 batteries later, $700+ in diagnostics & new BCM, battery still dies overnight. Truck back at dealer now….9 days…they can’t find source of parasitic drain.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did you ever get a resolution? My truck has been doing the same thing since late December. Now 2 batteries later, $700+ in diagnostics & new BCM, battery still dies overnight. Truck back at dealer now….9 days…they can’t find source of parasitic drain.
What DTC`s did it store? If any, besides maybe "battery voltage too low/out of range"

DannyMc

Reaction score
What DTC`s did it store? If any, besides maybe "battery voltage too low/out of range"
C212A-16
U0403-00
U0418
U1440
P1DF3-00
+ CEL
These are what I had in late January, before dealer replaced BCM. i Didn’t get a chance to read the codes on the last set of issues before truck was dropped at dealer.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
C212A-16.
9 modules and 2 sensors can throw that "system voltage- circuit voltage below threshold.

U0403-00.
DASM, PTS/PAM, ABS and TCM "implausible data from transfer case"

U0418.
PCM. "implausible data received from brake system control module"

U1440.
PCM. "implausible transfer case ratio high received"

P1DF3-00. Transmission control module-ECU not initialized.

All these sound like random DTC`s caused by your battery being dragged down.

It probably would not hurt to check the left fender G921/922/933 ground for integrity.
Ground issues..jpg
Cleaning this took care of my parasitic drain killing the battery overnight issue.

Last edited:

DannyMc

Reaction score
C212A-16.
9 modules and 2 sensors can throw that "system voltage- circuit voltage below threshold.

U0403-00.

U0418.

U1440.

It probably would not hurt to check the left fender G921/922/933 ground for integrity.
View attachment 154606
Cleaning this took care of my parasitic drain killing the battery overnight issue.
Thanks for the reply. Truck is still at dealer. I’m supposed to get it back Friday. They “think” they have it fixed, but want to leave it out tonight and re-test tomorrow (and I get get a ride back to dealer till Friday after we missed today).

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
C212A-16.

U0403-00.

U0418.

U1440.

View attachment 154606
Grounds are extremely important with electronics. I'm old with a bad memory, but I do recall early DT's having an issue with the electric steering. My ex's current husband was an engineer who designed the fasteners. He said the problem ended up being somebody high up, had changed one bolt to a similar bolt trying to save money, only having to stock one type. I don't know what was special about the bolt, but it made a difference, and they had to recall thousands of trucks, to change that bolt.

DannyMc

Reaction score
Grounds are extremely important with electronics. I'm old with a bad memory, but I do recall early DT's having an issue with the electric steering. My ex's current husband was an engineer who designed the fasteners. He said the problem ended up being somebody high up, had changed one bolt to a similar bolt trying to save money, only having to stock one type. I don't know what was special about the bolt, but it made a difference, and they had to recall thousands of trucks, to change that bolt.
Went to dealer…truck wouldn’t turn over…left it again…tech who worked on it is off today. Battery completely run down, likely my 2nd new battery is shot too.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not clear if you actually have the same problem as the OP. That's as diagnosed by you, yet you say the dealer is unable to find the source of the parasitic current drain, which seems contradictory. So let me suggest, instead of piggybacking onto an old thread that may or may not be relevant, start your own thread. Stick to facts and don't assume that it's the same problem as someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread