5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ejection seat??

Mcsavage21

Reaction score
Anyone know what this orange rip cord is for?

Attachments

• 76502486-933D-48D0-9DAD-D2699B7049D8.jpeg
    76502486-933D-48D0-9DAD-D2699B7049D8.jpeg
    215.9 KB · Views: 111
  • FDCEADB3-DE0A-4D35-ADB0-1055F2B8878E.jpeg
    FDCEADB3-DE0A-4D35-ADB0-1055F2B8878E.jpeg
    251.9 KB · Views: 113

Quint

Reaction score
As a former tow truck driver, I'll tell you that it is not their job to know your vehicle. We got paid a 25% commission of every job so time was money. I might have taken the time to figure it out if you were standing there, but if not and there is no access to your owners manual.....that thing was getting winched up. We did try to make sure not to have the drive wheels on the ground, but it was also not our job to know which cars had front, rear, or 4-wheel drive. There are too many cars out there to know them all - easy to know that the Honda Civic was front wheel drive and the Mustang was rear....but not everything is as it seems. That was 25 years ago. Who knows now...

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
As a former tow truck driver, I'll tell you that it is not their job to know your vehicle. We got paid a 25% commission of every job so time was money. I might have taken the time to figure it out if you were standing there, but if not and there is no access to your owners manual.....that thing was getting winched up. We did try to make sure not to have the drive wheels on the ground, but it was also not our job to know which cars had front, rear, or 4-wheel drive. There are too many cars out there to know them all - easy to know that the Honda Civic was front wheel drive and the Mustang was rear....but not everything is as it seems. That was 25 years ago. Who knows now...
As a former tow truck driver and repo man myself, you kinda need to know the vehicle you're hooking so you dont damage anything. Obviously you cant know everything about each vehicle but the basics should most definitely be known

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This is the lever that tow truck drivers ignore when they put flat spots on your tires dragging the vehicle onto a flatbed
Whoa. You have tires that get flat spots from skidding a few feet? Get new tires prior to touching your truck again. Those things are dangerous! Mine skid across pavement fairly regularly and are not damaged.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
It manually puts the trans in neutral. Not the same as the transfer case neutral, which actually disconnects the front and rear drive shafts for flat towing on the 4x4 models

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is that the thing that I throw away every time I get something new? I always know better than the instruction manual…
Haha! I keep mine in the factory plastic shrink wrap. I wouldn't want it to get messed up or anything!

Users who are viewing this thread