5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eibach vs Bilstein vs Rough Country Leveling Strut

TDHawks

Reaction score
Is it a wash from a self leveling prospective?

2022 Laramie - Don't believe I have ORP, do I ..? I do not do any off-roading, all city driving.

Is one a better investment than the other?

One shop in town told me to order what I want and he will put it on. Another shop has the 2" RC but I am afraid it may end up being too high/low as it's not self leveling.

Price is almost a wash with all three after installation.

What do I go with?

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What part numbers are you comparing?
For example Bilstein 5100 - its not something I would call self leveling since any time you would want to go up or down you would have to uninstall and reinstall and if you are not able to do the job on your own then you would have to pay the shop again
With that said I would still recommend any of the leveling struts out there ahead of the 2" RC just because of the different height options
Bilsteins are the most popular and I think are some what available these days in comparison to earlier in the year
Eibachs get good reviews as well
I went with Belltech part 26020 because that was the only available option in stock and I do not have any complains - I did the install myself
All 3 can be raised in increments of .5 and up to 2.7 or 3" depending on which brand you go with
There isn't a big difference in price among them

TDHawks

Reaction score
Makes total sense.

I ordered the Eibach which should get here later this week. Looks like I can set the front at 1.8 inches and have a very slight rake.

Like you mentioned, I like the fact that they can be adjustable so if I do decide to raise up the front in a little higher down the line in addition to the rear I have that capability.

If I do decide to do that, it would be over 2.5 inches in the front. Wouldn’t I need to install new control arms?

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is recommended if you are gonna do off road that puts you in unfavorable angles
I am currently at 2.5 and didn't do uca's yet- the angles are not that bad and I don't have any parts making contact or any clunks but I wouldn't feel comfortable off road.
Thinking back I should have just swap them atleast for the mopar one's that have better travel angles since at some point I do want to go off road

bogey107

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Laramie crew-cab w 6"4" bed ORP too. I put a pair of Bilstein's 6112's in the front (ICON UCA's also). I didn't measure the fender before I did the work but looking at my truck now it looks level. I was ready to raise the rear but I won't do that now that it looks level. I would definitely install new extended reach UCA's if you're going to level it, it's worth just to have peace of mind.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Makes total sense.

I ordered the Eibach which should get here later this week. Looks like I can set the front at 1.8 inches and have a very slight rake.

Like you mentioned, I like the fact that they can be adjustable so if I do decide to raise up the front in a little higher down the line in addition to the rear I have that capability.

If I do decide to do that, it would be over 2.5 inches in the front. Wouldn’t I need to install new control arms?
Anything over 2" in front and you will want new UCAs. There is a reason Mopar includes them with their 2" lift kit. Doesn't matter if you off-road or not.

TDHawks

Reaction score
Anything over 2" in front and you will want new UCAs. There is a reason Mopar includes them with their 2" lift kit. Doesn't matter if you off-road or not.
Thank you.

On a side note, how do you like your Kenda's?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you.

On a side note, how do you like your Kenda's?
They are good. Haven't had any issues with them, other than being M/T tires. Can hear them more than my Borla ATAK when cruising. Most likely will end up with the Klever R/Ts for my next set.

TDHawks

Reaction score
They are good. Haven't had any issues with them, other than being M/T tires. Can hear them more than my Borla ATAK when cruising. Most likely will end up with the Klever R/Ts for my next set.

It’s a good looking tired at a good price, thank you.

Out of curiosity, where did you take your truck for all the mods you’ve had done? I’m in Omaha as well.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It’s a good looking tired at a good price, thank you.

Out of curiosity, where did you take your truck for all the mods you’ve had done? I’m in Omaha as well.
Other than getting the tires mounted, ceramic coating, bed liner, and window tint, I've done everything myself.

Users who are viewing this thread