5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eibach stage 2R lift

FLEX89

Reaction score
I am getting ready to purchase the eibach stage 2R lift suspension for my 23 Laramie non ORG. First I have a few questions I’m hoping any of you that have this suspension can answer for me.

I plan on raising the front 3” but it seems like the 1” spring that comes with the rear might not be enough to level or give a slight rake. I decided to go with a 1.5” ICON spring, will that be enough to give me a level/slight rake?

How does suspension ride on the road with E rated tires? I drive on pavement the majority of the time so don’t want to compromise too much comfort. It seems like the bilstein 6612/5100 are more geared towards off-road performance which is why I’m leaning towards the eibach.

Will the RC 3.5” UCAs work with this kit? The eibachs don’t come with UCAs so I’m looking at what the best option for UCAs would be

Anyone that is running this suspension and has any pictures would also be helpful

Thank you

pkman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just have the standard Eibach coil overs and rear shocks, but I am extremely impressed with them. They are more compliant than Bilsteins on small choppy bumps, but are more controlled over big dips. Here in Lousiana the pavement is just floating on mud so it gets very rough. I was following my boss recently who was driving his brand new fancy Silverado and when he hit a bump at about 50mph the back end of his truck bounced high and to the side so I braced for the bump... and didn't even feel it in my truck. There's also a huge bump on the interstate near here I have to go over every day. The traffic moves 70-80mph and short wheelbase cars go air-born - again in my truck it is very smooth and controlled. I do have E rated tires too.

The other thing I like about them is the finish on the shocks. When I lived in Canada the Bilsteins on my Jeep were rusted after one season. This happend to the plated ones and the painted ones. The Eibachs have a nicer finish - of course I don't see much salt down here!

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also have the regular Eibach Coilovers and Rear Shocks (so stage 1 I guess?) and E rated 295/70/18 tires.

Swapped from Bilstein 5100s on same truck.

What above poster said I agree 100% with - better small bump compliance than the 5100s, with most of the handling quality (though as I live longer with them I think I'd say only 80% as good handling as the 5100s, but worth it for the extra compliance).

And the build quality seems much better - from the finish to the welds, but I really like also having a threaded collar as a spring perch, as opposed to a little clip that a collar sits on.

I don't think you can do better for the money; emphasis highly important.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The eibach rear springs are the same legnth as the Rebel. So you should get 1 inch longer than non-OPG springs. On the Installation sheet it says 1 to 1.5 inches of lift. I was hoping it wouldn't go more than 1 inch but I'm pretty sure to my eye that it did the 1.5. It doesn't bother me. Just thought I'd let you know. Icon is great as well.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You’ll be happy with the Icon’s. I do recommend getting spring sleeves as they can be a bit noisy. Waiting on my set to arrive.
Also running ReadyLift UCA’s and am very happy with them so far. Many other options on UCA’s available, I just happened to score a marked down leveling kit off of Amazon and just used the UCA’s from the kit. Good luck👍

Bigbags85

Reaction score
I started with ORG as well and have the 2R and have been running them for 4ish months now and have 8k on them. Rides great, I did not do UCAs, it aligned fine and I had plenty of travel. I also have E-rated tires and it rides much better than factory. This system has also performed fine when towing as well.

FLEX89

Reaction score
I started with ORG as well and have the 2R and have been running them for 4ish months now and have 8k on them. Rides great, I did not do UCAs, it aligned fine and I had plenty of travel. I also have E-rated tires and it rides much better than factory. This system has also performed fine when towing as well.
How much did you raise the front? Any pictures of your rig?

Bigbags85

Reaction score
I never actually got around to adjusting the front I left it the way they were in the boxes (other than just making them even height wise). They way the system came out of the box it about leveled me off. I have one pic not a great one. Parked next to a non ORG ram the bottom of my mirrors basically sit on top of top of theirs.

Attachments

• PXL_20230723_002243112.jpg
    PXL_20230723_002243112.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 156

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I never actually got around to adjusting the front I left it the way they were in the boxes (other than just making them even height wise). They way the system came out of the box it about leveled me off. I have one pic not a great one. Parked next to a non ORG ram the bottom of my mirrors basically sit on top of top of theirs.
Off-topic, but that Patriot Blue-Silver combination looks great. I had the same colors on a 2001 Dodge Dakota. It's too bad Ram doesn't offer that paint scheme any more.

Rick7812

Reaction score
I am getting ready to purchase the eibach stage 2R lift suspension for my 23 Laramie non ORG. First I have a few questions I’m hoping any of you that have this suspension can answer for me.

I plan on raising the front 3” but it seems like the 1” spring that comes with the rear might not be enough to level or give a slight rake. I decided to go with a 1.5” ICON spring, will that be enough to give me a level/slight rake?

How does suspension ride on the road with E rated tires? I drive on pavement the majority of the time so don’t want to compromise too much comfort. It seems like the bilstein 6612/5100 are more geared towards off-road performance which is why I’m leaning towards the eibach.

Will the RC 3.5” UCAs work with this kit? The eibachs don’t come with UCAs so I’m looking at what the best option for UCAs would be

Anyone that is running this suspension and has any pictures would also be helpful

Thank you
I just put Belstien 5100 B8s 0-2.6 adjustables on my front end. Set them at 1.7 which made my truck perfect level. I believe the 5700s and 6212s are more for off road. The 5100s are what comes with the Mopar 2" lift package which I do not believe is advertised as an offroad package.
Also used Mopar UCAs 68323530AA and 68323531AA. I paid $130 on line for UCAs and $297 for the Belsteins. I really cannot tell the difference in ride quality. I'm 73 and getting spoiled in my old age. I like a smooth ride.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Off-topic, but that Patriot Blue-Silver combination looks great. I had the same colors on a 2001 Dodge Dakota. It's too bad Ram doesn't offer that paint scheme any more.
I think it's my favorite! I just wanted something different this time. Everyone does the black out so I ordered the two-tone and def not disappointed!

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Also if you go Eibach order the better adjustment tool. Broke the one that came with the system immediately and also broke the replacement they sent immediately (I had already ordered the improved one anyway). The tool that comes with it is just two garbage metals welded together and the nub breaks off on first use where the improved tool has a replaceable stud and it's hollowed out for a breaker bar if need be because you can adjust the Eibachs while they're installed on the vehicle.

Rsone 11

Reaction score
The Eibach kit is excellent just has it installed on my 22’ rebel it drives like a dream.

Rightside

Reaction score
Also have the regular Eibach Coilovers and Rear Shocks (so stage 1 I guess?) and E rated 295/70/18 tires.

Swapped from Bilstein 5100s on same truck.

What above poster said I agree 100% with - better small bump compliance than the 5100s, with most of the handling quality (though as I live longer with them I think I'd say only 80% as good handling as the 5100s, but worth it for the extra compliance).

And the build quality seems much better - from the finish to the welds, but I really like also having a threaded collar as a spring perch, as opposed to a little clip that a collar sits on.

I don't think you can do better for the money; emphasis highly important.
So the Eibach is only 80% as good riding as factory and the Bilstein setup? I want factory ride or as close to it.

Rightside

Reaction score
I just put Belstien 5100 B8s 0-2.6 adjustables on my front end. Set them at 1.7 which made my truck perfect level. I believe the 5700s and 6212s are more for off road. The 5100s are what comes with the Mopar 2" lift package which I do not believe is advertised as an offroad package.
Also used Mopar UCAs 68323530AA and 68323531AA. I paid $130 on line for UCAs and $297 for the Belsteins. I really cannot tell the difference in ride quality. I'm 73 and getting spoiled in my old age. I like a smooth ride.
Are the UCA’s just and upgrade from what comes from factory?

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So the Eibach is only 80% as good riding as factory and the Bilstein setup? I want factory ride or as close to it.
My comment was about handling (corners, twisties, etc.) and was in relation to the Bilstiend 5100s, rather than the stock setup. The Bilstiens simply seem to control the truck better through corners.

As far as ride comfort (absorbing bumps, potholes, etc.) goes, I think the Eibachs are about on par with stock and more comfortable than the Bilstein's.

JCLAYTON13

Reaction score
So I am debating on buying the stage 2R kit to replace my 2inch leveling kit on my 2020 Rebel. I am currently running 35x12.5 tires and by reading the specs on what the amount lift this kit gives you I shouldn’t have an issue. Is anyone else using this setup with 35x12.5 tire? If so, any issues?

sf_49ersfan

Reaction score
Looking into the Stage 2 for my 2019 RAM. With regards to your towing, how does it hold up? Springs able to support the tongue weight?

DBAg

Reaction score
I had the Eibach stage 1 kit installed back in May and concur with previous statements about improved ride quality, etc. the only issue I have is the rear driver-side “sag”. Taking into the shop next week to see if it’s an issue with the rear driver-side Eibach spring or something else. Have only towed my smoker (~3000 #) and it did sag quite a bit, most noticeably on the driver side. Once I get the sag issue identified and corrected, will likely install Airlift 1000 bags.

Ready Go

Reaction score
I had the Eibach stage 1 kit installed back in May and concur with previous statements about improved ride quality, etc. the only issue I have is the rear driver-side “sag”. Taking into the shop next week to see if it’s an issue with the rear driver-side Eibach spring or something else. Have only towed my smoker (~3000 #) and it did sag quite a bit, most noticeably on the driver side. Once I get the sag issue identified and corrected, will likely install Airlift 1000 bags.
It seems that all Ram 1500s have a Left/Driver's side lean..supposedly from the fuel tank being on the left side.
My truck was off by 3/8"(+/-)Rear and 1/4"Front depending on if the tank was full or empty.
My tank is the smallest 23 gallon tank..I'd be curious how much a full 33 gallon tank leans!
I cut my OEM RIGHT rear spring by ONE FULL ring (and added Airlift bags..which are empty currently) but surprisingly, the Left side is still 1/8"(half tank)-1/4"(Full) low depending on the tank fullness. It baffles me that the full ring didn't side-level it because the rear OEM coil springs are ~3/8" thick and the first 2-3 coils compress flat under weight, so cutting one coil off should have leveled it(?!).
Something else must also be factoring into the cause of the lean, and it must be mechanical leverage of some type(?).
With this being an "every Ram" leans issue, it honestly wouldn't surprise me if this were a factory frame jig issue!! I'd actually love to put one of these new trucks on a jig and have it measured out!
Check out "McBay Performance" on Ebay..they sell 1/2" billet spring spacers for the Ram rear springs..use one on the Left rear. The Eibach springs aren't the problem, so take these with you when you go in and have them put it in right away.👍
McBay ships super fast!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread