5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eibach Pro Truck 2R

Bigbags85

Reaction score
About 6 weeks ago I finally got around to installing the Eibach Pro Truck 2R kit on my truck. It is Front coilovers and Rear Reservoir shocks and Springs. I have the ORP so it really only made the truck level but wow the ride quality is such an improvement. Shortly after installing I swapped my rims to the ones with the E-rated tires for towing and it still rides way better than it did with the lighter summer tires. I drive a lot of back country roads that are never level and there are a few places where the truck would jerk to one side over the humps but now it barely registers the difference. There was no difference in towing my camper with this setup, I actually think it tows better than it did. If anyone has been considering this setup I'd say go for it. the one thing I would suggest is to buy their upgraded adjustment tool as the one they send you is junk (I broke the new one and the one they sent as a replacement the first time using them). Other than that it's a great ride.

JCLAYTON13

Reaction score
About 6 weeks ago I finally got around to installing the Eibach Pro Truck 2R kit on my truck. It is Front coilovers and Rear Reservoir shocks and Springs. I have the ORP so it really only made the truck level but wow the ride quality is such an improvement. Shortly after installing I swapped my rims to the ones with the E-rated tires for towing and it still rides way better than it did with the lighter summer tires. I drive a lot of back country roads that are never level and there are a few places where the truck would jerk to one side over the humps but now it barely registers the difference. There was no difference in towing my camper with this setup, I actually think it tows better than it did. If anyone has been considering this setup I'd say go for it. the one thing I would suggest is to buy their upgraded adjustment tool as the one they send you is junk (I broke the new one and the one they sent as a replacement the first time using them). Other than that it's a great ride.
Nice! I have been thinking of upgrading my Rebel’s suspension to this set up. I am running a Motofab 2 inch front and 1.5 inch rear spacer and it rides stiffer than I like…. I have F rated 35x12.5R20s and the rear gets squirrelly over potholes on dirt roads. What size tires are you running? The other option is a zone 4 inch lift but I would still need to upgrade the struts and shocks.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Nice! I have been thinking of upgrading my Rebel’s suspension to this set up. I am running a Motofab 2 inch front and 1.5 inch rear spacer and it rides stiffer than I like…. I have F rated 35x12.5R20s and the rear gets squirrelly over potholes on dirt roads. What size tires are you running? The other option is a zone 4 inch lift but I would still need to upgrade the struts and shocks.
Currently I just have the stock tire size with both 18" and 20" Wheels (I swap them on and off). It rides way better than stock and handles uneven roads and/or potholes much better as well.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Damn, that price is very reasonable..
That's why I figured I'd give them a shot. As far as I know they're still fairly new in the truck game but I've used them for years on cars. So far so good!

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's why I figured I'd give them a shot. As far as I know they're still fairly new in the truck game but I've used them for years on cars. So far so good!
Man, wish I had known about them before I grabbed the mopar lift off here.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've got the same Eibachs ready to install. Similarly, had good experience with their products for cars, and the little bit of reviews on the Pro Truck kits are glowing!

I'm changing out from Bilstien 5100s, already swapped the rear and I can tell a difference. I'd say 90% of the handling / control of the 5100's, but massively better damping for small bumps.

Haven't tacked the front yet.

Question: Did you adjust the preload up or down? How much?

I'm planning to reduce preload by at least 1/4", which should put the front around half inch lower than it otherwise would be.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
I've got the same Eibachs ready to install. Similarly, had good experience with their products for cars, and the little bit of reviews on the Pro Truck kits are glowing!

I'm changing out from Bilstien 5100s, already swapped the rear and I can tell a difference. I'd say 90% of the handling / control of the 5100's, but massively better damping for small bumps.

Haven't tacked the front yet.

Question: Did you adjust the preload up or down? How much?

I'm planning to reduce preload by at least 1/4", which should put the front around half inch lower than it otherwise would be.
Sorry I just saw this I was traveling the last 2 weeks. I didn't adjust anything but I do recommend buying the better tool. I did try and adjust just to see how it worked and snapped the tool that the shocks came with twice haha (they sent me a replacement and I broke that one too first try.) I did just drive about 5k miles and the ride was very smooth whether I was on pavement or off-road. I didn't do anything crazy but the system rode great.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry I just saw this I was traveling the last 2 weeks. I didn't adjust anything but I do recommend buying the better tool. I did try and adjust just to see how it worked and snapped the tool that the shocks came with twice haha (they sent me a replacement and I broke that one too first try.) I did just drive about 5k miles and the ride was very smooth whether I was on pavement or off-road. I didn't do anything crazy but the system rode great.
Hey man I really appreciate that feedback! I had been hearing about this weak wrench and actually am just waiting for the better one to arrive then I will throw mine on. Still plan to lower a bit as I tow a lot and aesthetically prefer a slightly under-leveled look myself.

Similar use case, I'm looking mainly for on-road improvements, though the truck sees plenty of hunting trails and dirt roads, so benefits there are a welcome bonus.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Hey man I really appreciate that feedback! I had been hearing about this weak wrench and actually am just waiting for the better one to arrive then I will throw mine on. Still plan to lower a bit as I tow a lot and aesthetically prefer a slightly under-leveled look myself.

Similar use case, I'm looking mainly for on-road improvements, though the truck sees plenty of hunting trails and dirt roads, so benefits there are a welcome bonus.
Let me know your thoughts when you get some miles on it! Also I just noticed your location says colorado, I just drove out there and back from NY lol.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Let me know your thoughts when you get some miles on it! Also I just noticed your location says colorado, I just drove out there and back from NY lol.
Will do. I've had the fronts now for 1 day, but I've had the rears on for a number of months now. Even the rears were an obvious upgrade from the 5100s, which were themselves a remarkable upgrade from stock. Will report back in a few hundred miles.

DirtyDozen

Reaction score

How do like your Eibach shocks

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do like your Eibach shocks
Really, really like them for my use case. They are a more comfortable ride than the Bilstien 5100s, though keep in mind I used the stock springs with the 5100s, and wonder if the 6112's that come with a new spring would have provided similar improvements.

The Bilstein's seemed to handle curves/corners a noticeable bit better - better control of rear end shimmy over off-kilter bumps - but they killed me over low speed, tiny bumps like expansion joints, nickels in the road, etc.

So the Eibachs are a great alternative - most of the handling prowess, with a bit more ride comfort. Shock tuning is a tradeoff, and I like Eibach's equation.

Can't comment on off-road performance yet; I don't personally categorize them as such.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Really, really like them for my use case. They are a more comfortable ride than the Bilstien 5100s, though keep in mind I used the stock springs with the 5100s, and wonder if the 6112's that come with a new spring would have provided similar improvements.

The Bilstein's seemed to handle curves/corners a noticeable bit better - better control of rear end shimmy over off-kilter bumps - but they killed me over low speed, tiny bumps like expansion joints, nickels in the road, etc.

So the Eibachs are a great alternative - most of the handling prowess, with a bit more ride comfort. Shock tuning is a tradeoff, and I like Eibach's equation.

Can't comment on off-road performance yet; I don't personally categorize them as such.
I second all of this. I never had the Bilsteins and I did install the Hellwig sway bar way before putting these shocks on. That sway bar honestly made a huge difference in how the truck handled around curves.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Eibachs and a Hellwig are probably the way to go for optimal street manners. I don't have the Hellwig to know first hand, however, but am open to trying.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
The Eibachs and a Hellwig are probably the way to go for optimal street manners. I don't have the Hellwig to know first hand, however, but am open to trying.
If you happen to be a vet or know someone with access to the AAFES online store it's way cheaper there.

Eaglehemi345

Reaction score
How much lift it gave you in the front and rear?

Users who are viewing this thread