5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EGR issues in 2020 EcoDiesel

macmedia

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Limited EcoDiesel with 67k miles. At 37k miles I had a major problem with the Low and High pressure Fuel pumps (needed replacement) and when they found fine metal shavings, the dealer also replaced all of the injectors. At 66k miles, I started having intermittent codes of the EGR being stuck closed but it kept on going in and out. Now over a 1000 miles later, the check engine light is stuck on (still with the EGR stuck closed) BUT diesel is slowly dripping onto the side engine metal shroud causing smoke when idling.

Anyone seen this before? Going to take this to the dealer yet again but later in the week because I'm so busy. Hate to even consider this - but I'm even thinking of doing a delete because of the potential issues down the road if I have to pay for an expensive EGR valve every 60k miles... I love my truck but it has been far from being troublefree.

tom318

Reaction score
I haven't seen anything like this yet and I'm often checking the 3.0 Ecodiesel V6 section of this forum.

You can try asking there to see if anyone has insight. I'm at 52k miles on mine and its been solid so far.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It sounds like you have two separate problems. I’m interested in what the dealer says, so keep us updated

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The older ecodiesels did this and several of them caught fire. STOP DRIVING THE TRUCK!

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The older ecodiesels did this and several of them caught fire. STOP DRIVING THE TRUCK!
that isn't what caused the fires, but yes they did have a recall.

2 separate concerns going on. The fuel leaking is something that should not happen and I wouldn't drive if its leaking on the exhaust.

Users who are viewing this thread