5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EGR Cab Spoiler Sunroof?

ssenay72

Reaction score
Does anyone know exactly why the EGR Cab Spoiler doesn't fit sunroof models? The roofs seem the same with or without.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have no clue as when installed it will sit exactly the same.
Is the part number EGR982959? Also do you have a quad cab? Description says its for a crew. I can't imagine that the back of the cabs are shaped different but who knows

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a crew cab and let me check and see what part number I have as it’s been awhile.

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
I am in the same boat trying to figure out why this thing wouldn't fit the roofs with the pano sunroof. The only thing I can think of is the satellite antenna might be in a slightly different spot. I was ready to pull the trigger on it the other day after talking to PorBoy, but looking at the questions section of the amazon page, the company is directly responding say that it will absolutely not fit.

ssenay72

Reaction score
EGR said it’s the curvature of the roof and the ribs. They are different on the sunroof models.

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
I'm sure the company has test fit one to a sunroof model to confirm. Difference has got to be so minimal as to not be noticeable just by looking at it.
00315fb7b035078bcd163c3e49136b5d.jpg
53068b3a69f21db6c3e134ca17bb2207.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

INVISBLE

Reaction score
so there are 3 types of roofs on the DT's... the no sunroof model has an extra raised rib right next to the trim molding that runs above the doors from the front to the back, this is the only model that this spoiler will fit. The sunroof model and the panorama roof do not have that little extra raised rib, therefore at the ends of the spoiler there will be a gap between the spoiler and the roof line. I am sure with a little sanding, hacking, body filler on the spoiler itself, that you could make it fit... but from the manufacturer it will not, and yes its a noticeable non fit.

Users who are viewing this thread