5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Educate me on ordering!

elarson6772

Reaction score
So I want to order a TRX. I understand the launch edition sold out in minutes however I wasn’t concerned about getting a launch edition anyway.

The Ram dealer I typically buy from here in Michigan indicated today that they got two allocations for the TRX. One of those came in today and one is on its way. Both were sold upon ordering. Not sure what an allocation is or how it works. The dealer is saying he has no issue with selling at MSRP however he cannot get me one because he has no more allocations and hasn’t heard a thing about being able to get more allocations.

Not that I am questioning the guy but do they need an “allocation” just to place a TRX order for me? Is it not like any other vehicle I can walk in and place an order for anytime for the most part?

Help me understand please. I REALLY would like to use the same dealer I’ve used for 15 or so years and 15 or so new vehicles but it sounds like that may not be possible.

Thanks in advance

Jrex

Reaction score
So I want to order a TRX. I understand the launch edition sold out in minutes however I wasn’t concerned about getting a launch edition anyway.

The Ram dealer I typically buy from here in Michigan indicated today that they got two allocations for the TRX. One of those came in today and one is on its way. Both were sold upon ordering. Not sure what an allocation is or how it works. The dealer is saying he has no issue with selling at MSRP however he cannot get me one because he has no more allocations and hasn’t heard a thing about being able to get more allocations.

Not that I am questioning the guy but do they need an “allocation” just to place a TRX order for me? Is it not like any other vehicle I can walk in and place an order for anytime for the most part?

Help me understand please. I REALLY would like to use the same dealer I’ve used for 15 or so years and 15 or so new vehicles but it sounds like that may not be possible.

Thanks in advance
They only make so many in a model year run. So if that quota is filled 2021, FCA may not be taking any more 2021 TRX orders.

Call another dealer and ask

21TRX

Reaction score
6wks order to delivery @EMPLOYEE price 👈
TRX.JPG

Last edited:

Ramtrx

Reaction score
From what I was told, they are booked through next year with orders. Not sure if that’s why, but I couldn’t order from my dealer. Their allocation is gone and they aren’t getting more until every ordered is fulfilled.

elarson6772

Reaction score
Had follow-up conversations with my dealer as well as another. They are still able to place orders even though they may not have an allocation. The LE sold out but orders for normal non-LE orders are still open. I had my dealer place my order today at MSRP, no deposit.

Now WHEN might I see the truck...who knows I guess...hell it might be a 2022 by then.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had follow-up conversations with my dealer as well as another. They are still able to place orders even though they may not have an allocation. The LE sold out but orders for normal non-LE orders are still open. I had my dealer place my order today at MSRP, no deposit.

Now WHEN might I see the truck...who knows I guess...hell it might be a 2022 by then.
reach out to aaron at Mark Dodge, i know he had some available at MSRP.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I placed a deposit on an LE last week at Golling Ram in Bloomfield Hills Mi. They are selling to me for MSRP. Catch was, truck was not built yet, and they didn't have a projection on when it would be. They emailed me this morning informing me that the truck was just assigned a shipping date of 3/4/21. Give Golling a call and ask for Cameron. I know they had other TR's scheduled to arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread