5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Edge Pulsar Thoughts

jre11

Reaction score
I just wanted to give my two cents (which don't mean nothing), about the Edge Pulsar. I found a lot of help on these forums in searching for a programmer and went with the Edge Pulsar.

I am pretty impressed with it. I run in Economy mode most of the time. I have a 6in lift with 35's and if I stay around 65-70mph, I can maintain about 17.9-18mpgs easily. I was pretty impressed by that cause the last truck I had, brand name not needed, it had 33's and would avg. about 12-13mpgs. I also constantly run 93 octane. The Performance Tune is ridiculous!!! My tires spin with no problem in that mode. It will put you back in the seat. I hope this helps anyone wondering which programmer to buy, and if anyone has any questions don't hesitate to ask. I love the programmer, its simple to install, easy to use on the fly, and does what it's meant to. Again any questions I'll gladly answer if I can.

lambone

Reaction score
Just got mine installed today and I agree!

Performance mode completely wakes up the Hemi. Might be a while before I can switch it back to economy.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just wanted to give my two cents (which don't mean nothing), about the Edge Pulsar. I found a lot of help on these forums in searching for a programmer and went with the Edge Pulsar.

I am pretty impressed with it. I run in Economy mode most of the time. I have a 6in lift with 35's and if I stay around 65-70mph, I can maintain about 17.9-18mpgs easily. I was pretty impressed by that cause the last truck I had, brand name not needed, it had 33's and would avg. about 12-13mpgs. I also constantly run 93 octane. The Performance Tune is ridiculous!!! My tires spin with no problem in that mode. It will put you back in the seat. I hope this helps anyone wondering which programmer to buy, and if anyone has any questions don't hesitate to ask. I love the programmer, its simple to install, easy to use on the fly, and does what it's meant to. Again any questions I'll gladly answer if I can.

Gearing?

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So it doesnt leave a "watermark"?

That is my understanding from reading on here and several other places.... it appears that it is intercepting input prior to PCM and changing that signal to whatever setting you have selected. There is no change being made to the PCM so nothing to 'detect' by the dealer...other than someone forgetting to take it off..

LKF

Reaction score
jrell or lambone or anyone, purchased the pulsar and I have a couple questions. When first installed, does the unit know which rear end you have or do I need to tell it that I have 3:92? Second question is whether or not you should disconnect the minus ground cable? Seems like some do and some don't. If one does, do you then have to re-program everything? Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Users who are viewing this thread