5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ED exhaust tips

Fillet1

Reaction score
My OCD is killing me. The passenger side tip sticks out further than the drivers side. If I loosen the clamp for the tips they only move up/down right/left but not in/out. How do I adjust this?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes by slightly adjusting angled piping (i.e. resonator pipe), it will move piping downstream of it in or out. That would only create a tiny amount of movement though. Other thing I can think of right now is to mechanically move it where you want it, whether that be heat and a bfh, or some other means.

tom318

Reaction score
I noticed this on mine the day I picked it up. Several months later I tried making adjustments but definitely couldn’t get it proper without actually cutting and basically redoing one side of the exhaust. The exhaust wasn’t fully installed into one of my hangers so after I fixed that it was slightly better but it still sticks out further than my drivers side. I then got a dent a few days later which bothers me more so never looked back at the exhaust....

daustin

Reaction score
Mine was the same way when I drove it off the lot brand new. I brought it in to the service department the next week and 45 minutes later they pulled it around with perfectly aligned exhaust tips. Most Rams on the lot had misaligned exhaust tips when I was there. Let the service department fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread