5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ecodiesel oil filter retrofit kit

cwilsoniaff

Reaction score
That's interesting.....I am not close to an oil change so I haven't looked into filters etc....

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
Sounds like a better alternative than paying the $90 per filter.
I do have one question tho,the drop down menu for oil filter options has three choices, which one would we need to use?
I'm totally new to Ram so I'm clueless.

NC Rebel

Reaction score
Sounds like a better alternative than paying the $90 per filter.
I do have one question tho,the drop down menu for oil filter options has three choices, which one would we need to use?
I'm totally new to Ram so I'm clueless.
I sent them an email this morning....I too am curious as to what those choices are. I will post back once they reply.

NC Rebel

Reaction score
I asked what the difference was that they have in the drop down menu. I also asked if this would affect factory warranty.

Here is their reply:

Hello,

UFI, although they are are considered aftermarket, supplied the oil filters for the Ecodiesel. So you would be purchasing directly from the supplier.
OEM Mopar is another way to say dealer. If you select this option, this filter will come from a local dealership.
As I'm sure you're aware, items tend to be more expensive from the dealership. We like to offer both options for our customers.

Both filters will work just fine. I'm not quite sure about the terms of the Ecodiesel warranty, but I cannot imagine that the oil filter would void it.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks!

NC Rebel

Reaction score
UFI = Universal Filter Italiana , I am assuming that they are the OEM oil filter that we currently use.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've seen that, but before I'll buy it I need to see confirmation that the new Gen 3 oil filter with cap does not have a different oil flow pathway or anything else that makes its design necessary for the health of the engine.

If there is zero difference between Gen 2 and Gen 3 filters aside from the Gen 3 filter being attached, fine. But I want to see proof first.

It's hard to believe that FCA would go to the trouble of attaching the same filter to the same cap with no other changes and jack the price up to $92.

NC Rebel

Reaction score
I've seen that, but before I'll buy it I need to see confirmation that the new Gen 3 oil filter with cap does not have a different oil flow pathway or anything else that makes its design necessary for the health of the engine.

If there is zero difference between Gen 2 and Gen 3 filters aside from the Gen 3 filter being attached, fine. But I want to see proof first.

It's hard to believe that FCA would go to the trouble of attaching the same filter to the same cap with no other changes and jack the price up to $92.

WXman , I posted this thread before noticing that you already started one about this kit. But yes I agree with you...I'd like to see some concrete proof before I would even consider trying it.

On a side note, I received my oil filters from dieselfiltersonline, only took 4 days to get them. I am pretty happy with their service.

Users who are viewing this thread