5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ecodiesel fuel issues?

EcoDemon

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ecodiesel fully deleted, straight pipe out under the corner of the cab, all 3in intercooler piping, upgraded intercooler, intake valve delete, aftermarket intake, air flow straightener, EOC catch can.

But since deleting I've had an issue to where at very low rpm, like gently increasing rpm backing up etc. It sounds a bit like it cuts out, or misses, like a really choppy idle sound. Tuner said it sounds like a fuel related issue. EOC. Also Alpha shows water in fuel:yes xxx miles. But no light ever. Replaced fuel filter, I maintain the truck perfectly. Warm ups, cool downs. Have replaced the maf, boost sensor, boost leak tested. Checked the high pressure fuel strainer check valve. Fuel lines returns everything. I use obdmx+ to watch pids. I changed the fuel filter recently, once I saw Alpha showing water in fuel. When I replaced it it made the truck sound a lot different for some reason. Really more aggressive. But it seems like since I almost have a bit of a rough idle.

Kooch80

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ecodiesel fully deleted, straight pipe out under the corner of the cab, all 3in intercooler piping, upgraded intercooler, intake valve delete, aftermarket intake, air flow straightener, EOC catch can.

But since deleting I've had an issue to where at very low rpm, like gently increasing rpm backing up etc. It sounds a bit like it cuts out, or misses, like a really choppy idle sound. Tuner said it sounds like a fuel related issue. EOC. Also Alpha shows water in fuel:yes xxx miles. But no light ever. Replaced fuel filter, I maintain the truck perfectly. Warm ups, cool downs. Have replaced the maf, boost sensor, boost leak tested. Checked the high pressure fuel strainer check valve. Fuel lines returns everything. I use obdmx+ to watch pids. I changed the fuel filter recently, once I saw Alpha showing water in fuel. When I replaced it it made the truck sound a lot different for some reason. Really more aggressive. But it seems like since I almost have a bit of a rough idle.
perhaps you got a tank of bad fuel

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It sounds strange to me that the tuner instantly threw up their hands and walked away without even asking for some logs of live data. To me, that negatively reflects on the tuner. I agree with what Kooch said, and it’s way easier to replace the fuel than dig into live data for an issue that could’ve been caused by crappy fuel. Although, that’s making a bunch of assumptions that your tune isn’t crap, your EGR delete was done properly, nothing in the surrounding area of where they were working got hurt (i.e. wiring or pigtails), etc.

Couple questions, and it’s perfectly fine id you want to PM me:
Who made the delete kit?
Who made the tune?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It sounds strange to me that the tuner instantly threw up their hands and walked away without even asking for some logs of live data. To me, that negatively reflects on the tuner. I agree with what Kooch said, and it’s way easier to replace the fuel than dig into live data for an issue that could’ve been caused by crappy fuel. Although, that’s making a bunch of assumptions that your tune isn’t crap, your EGR delete was done properly, nothing in the surrounding area of where they were working got hurt (i.e. wiring or pigtails), etc.

Couple questions, and it’s perfectly fine id you want to PM me:
Who made the delete kit?
Who made the tune?
I'm curious who the tuner is too.
It seems easier to make a list of tuners who don't care and don't do a good job vs tuners that actually are good for these trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread