5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ECO

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On my 2015 Limited I could get into ECO rather easily. I averaged around 17-17.5 MPG overall. On my new ride I find it hard to get into ECO mode even if I take my foot off the gas and I am coasting. Anyone else experience this? I am hoping with the E-Torque I can get up into the 19-19.5MPG range but if I can't get the cylinders to shut off when coasting or very light gas pedal pressure I can't see how it will happen. 100+miles of driving so far at 14.6 MPG

Any thoughts?

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
On my 2015 Limited I could get into ECO rather easily. I averaged around 17-17.5 MPG overall. On my new ride I find it hard to get into ECO mode even if I take my foot off the gas and I am coasting. Anyone else experience this? I am hoping with the E-Torque I can get up into the 19-19.5MPG range but if I can't get the cylinders to shut off when coasting or very light gas pedal pressure I can't see how it will happen. 100+miles of driving so far at 14.6 MPG

Any thoughts?

Stupid question...you did turn the light on in Uconnect, correct?

I'm getting ECO somewhat regurarly when coasting...course I'm still only getting around 16.5-17mpg but I expected that with the 3.92s and some stop and go

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Stupid question...you did turn the light on in Uconnect, correct?

I'm getting ECO somewhat regurarly when coasting...course I'm still only getting around 16.5-17mpg but I expected that with the 3.92s and some stop and go
Yes the green light will come on in the dash cluster. It is just hard to get it to activate. I am 3.21

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes the green light will come on in the dash cluster. It is just hard to get it to activate. I am 3.21

It could be my imagination but I seem to be seeing it more than I did when I first got the truck...maybe as the transmission starts to learn. I'm also usually pretty light on the throttle and early to let off when I see a red light, etc.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It could be my imagination but I seem to be seeing it more than I did when I first got the truck...maybe as the transmission starts to learn. I'm also usually pretty light on the throttle and early to let off when I see a red light, etc.
Hope that is the case. Just noticed it today and I kept playing with the throttle to get it to activate. It would turn on when I wasn't expecting it and not turn on when I was trying! LOL.......I'll keep playing with it. Very early. Great truck. I took it for a couple rides to nowhere today just for fun:cool:

Phiefer

Reaction score

Any thoughts?
Others have noticed similar findings. Once the light has been activated. I think it is just a matter of being patient and allow the drivetrain to learn as it gets broke in. Maybe another 1500 to 2000 miles.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very commen to take time for the computer to learn your style. My eco light is coming on more often as the truck breaks in, as others have reported.

John813

Reaction score
Mine with the 3.21 is picky at times for the eco, but with now 4k miles on it, the eco will turn on within a few minutes of crankup.
I don't notice much gas saving on the hwy with eco, and usually I just end up turning it off.

Neocane

Reaction score
It’s little things like this that I’ve learned here on these forums that will help me know what to expect! Thanks for the topic op!

Reactions: 356

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Keep us posted. It’s moving in the right direction.

Users who are viewing this thread