5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eco mode

Mirowpl

Reaction score
Back then I had the unlimited mopar extended warranty but also they had lifetime power Tran warranty for the original owner

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Aren’t MDS and Stop/Start two completely different systems? My ECO light still comes on with my AutoStop Eliminator. Only way to turn that off is select 8th gear. What am I missing here?🤔
Yes, they are two different systems. The autostop eliminator was never intended to disable MDS. Sorry for my confusion in combining the two. In my defense, I just got home from a two week vacation in Florida, and Haven't completely recovered from that. 😁

In case you were unaware, you can disable the ECO light in your uconnect settings. It doesn't turn off MDS, it just turns off the light.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes, they are two different systems. The autostop eliminator was never intended to disable MDS. Sorry for my confusion in combining the two. In my defense, I just got home from a two week vacation in Florida, and Haven't completely recovered from that. 😁

In case you were unaware, you can disable the ECO light in your uconnect settings. It doesn't turn off MDS, it just turns off the light.
How nice. I can turn off the Eco light but I cannot turn off the three horn beeps if I leave my truck with the key fob.🤬

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How nice. I can turn off the Eco light but I cannot turn off the three horn beeps if I leave my truck with the key fob.🤬
My step-sons has forgotten to turn off my wife's push button start Traverse when getting out. The horn beeping would have been helpful to remind him. Wife didn't realize it until she tried to lock doors. He is still learning to drive. It's a safety thing, where as the ECO light is more of a convenience thing.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
The holy dollar!!

Gm had issues with the early 5.3 trucks. But eventually figured it out.

Although it does seem less common on the newer rams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They haven't figured it out.
Just last year dealerships were replacing new lifters on trucks before they were even allowed to be sold from the lot.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
I was referring to the manifolds and manifold bolts cracking, they figured that out.

Lifters, they haven’t figured that out since 2007.5.

Dewey

Reaction score
I was referring to the manifolds and manifold bolts cracking, they figured that out.

Lifters, they haven’t figured that out since 2007.5.

Thought there was still issues with the manifolds? Didn’t they beef up the bolts but now the manifolds are cracking?

Dewey

Reaction score
The gm manifolds? Not really anymore. Not much since 2007.

Sorry…..my bad. Thought we were talking about RAM’s.😆

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
We were, and how other manufactures had similar issues but figured out how to fix them

Unlike ram.

Chopemupgood

Reaction score
I may be an idiot but I purchased one of the Auto Start Stop Eliminators and for the life of me I can't find the connection under the dash. Do I have to disassemble the entire dash to get to it or am I missing something? According to the install video, it should be visible but everything that is a connection is on the driver's side wall under the dash and nothing looks the same as the video. This is going in my 22 Rebel GT, anyone got a photo they want to share for my ID 10 T butt?? LOL

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is it supposed to replace the SGW and act as a bypass? Kind of like the TazerDT? If so, it can be difficult to locate the connectors the first time

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I may be an idiot but I purchased one of the Auto Start Stop Eliminators and for the life of me I can't find the connection under the dash. Do I have to disassemble the entire dash to get to it or am I missing something? According to the install video, it should be visible but everything that is a connection is on the driver's side wall under the dash and nothing looks the same as the video. This is going in my 22 Rebel GT, anyone got a photo they want to share for my ID 10 T butt?? LOL

Here's a link to a pic I took of the security bypass. Just match up the other plugs and the hood release cable and you should be able to find it.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sit your but on your foot step and get on your back and look up under the dash with a flashlight, you will see it.
Your head should be near your foot peddles and the plugs are nearish where your headlight switcher is roughly.

Also can look up ram 2019 SWG install videos for the same plug location.

Chopemupgood

Reaction score
Thanks gents, I will get a better look this afternoon when no other car is beside me.

Users who are viewing this thread