5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eco mode

RnRRebel

Reaction score
Hello my fellow Ram peeps ,
I know in tow haul ,or in manual mode , I noticed the truck won’t go in eco mode , so what if I want to keep it in eco mode ?
Is there a way to have it on , and stay on when just cruising on the highway to save fuel ?
Thanks

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
“Eco” mode is automatic from what ive noticed, when mds kicks in. Happens mostly when cruising between 35 to 55 mph. Driving into a head wind will hurt it also. I see it mostly when I set the cruise control. When tow/haul mode is enabled you will barely ever see it.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No there's no way to force it into Eco mode. It goes in/out of 4 cylinder mode as it sees fit given it's parameters and conditions. All you can do is prevent it from going into Eco mode as you've already noted.

S. Snake

Reaction score
If towing I'd say once you are at speed (if on the highway) turn off tow haul mode, I'm sure someone here can correct me but I'm pretty sure tow haul just adjusts the shift pattern to get a load moving from a stop and at slower in town driving speeds to ease strain on the trans. Once you are in 7th or 8th gear on the highway it offers little to no benefit so I just switch it off so the truck can shift into MDS when it sees fit. ( which it doesn't do much when you are going down the freeway at 75mph but that's another story).

Users who are viewing this thread