5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ECO mode with the 5.7 Hemi

RVTRKN

Reaction score
Is it possible to turn on and off the ECO mode, or have a manual control over the MDS feature with the Hemi?

Over all, I like my new to me 2020 Hemi 1500, but there is a learning curve after driving CTD's for 20 years. My last gasser was a 5.9 Magnum gas engine in a 2500, so going from a 3500 HO to a 1500 is weird. I had a weird experience while backing up, and the sensor applied my brakes for me, getting close to a slope that my truck would clear, I later found out that the brake was applied by the computer. I had to get out wondering what I hit, only to find nothing behind me, my 3500 CTD never did that. So I tested the system and sure enough a message was displayed and brakes did apply.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can use the +/- buttons on the steering wheel to lock out MDS, so when I don't want the MDS on, use the range selector and run it at 8 and will shift/drive normally.

You can turn off the Auto braking in the setting, I think on the main audio screen, most people do as it is way over-sensitive.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As mentioned above, for your auto rear brake feature, you should turn it off in the Uconnect options screen, DO NOT turn if off from the lower dash toggle switches for the rear brake warning. You still want your rear parking sensors active, but not the auto brake feature if it's too sensitive.

23RAM

Reaction score
Is it possible to turn on and off the ECO mode, or have a manual control over the MDS feature with the Hemi?
I like the MDS when running empty...saves fuel when cruising at 50-55 mph and in the city too. I can barely tell the difference when it's active or not so the little green ECO light lets me know.
Over all, I like my new to me 2020 Hemi 1500, but there is a learning curve after driving CTD's for 20 years. My last gasser was a 5.9 Magnum gas engine in a 2500, so going from a 3500 HO to a 1500 is weird. I had a weird experience while backing up, and the sensor applied my brakes for me, getting close to a slope that my truck would clear, I later found out that the brake was applied by the computer. I had to get out wondering what I hit, only to find nothing behind me, my 3500 CTD never did that. So I tested the system and sure enough a message was displayed and brakes did apply.
It's adjustable in the settings. Default is medium so you can set it closer so it's less sensitive. After having a ******* back in behind me without looking, it saved a dent in my bumper, so I'm keeping it active. If you backup slowly with the tailgate down, it won't activate either. When I'm hooking up the trailer or backing it up, I disable the sensors so I can get close without all the fuss and noise.

Users who are viewing this thread