5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eco Mode Indicator Light

Bo3liwe

Reaction score
My truck have 7000 km on the truck, never seen ECO light, and its on in settings and enabled for “Fuel Saver Display

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Starting to look like export Rams have this disabled?

TheDutchRAM

Reaction score
I have the same impression. 10.000 KMs and no ECO has showed up. Not that I miss it though... Highway speed limit has been reduced to 100 KM/h (60 Mph) since last week here in NL. Eco style.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've noticed that my ECO light has been on much more since I starting using non-ethanol fuel.

firebird9919

Reaction score
If you want the light to come on you have to turn it on through the Uconnect settings

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you want the light to come on you have to turn it on through the Uconnect settings

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

It appears that exported Rams do not turn on the eco function no matter if you do turn it on in UConnect.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ECO is MDS, and comes on as follows:
- engine reaches operating temp
- tow haul is off
- no gear limit is set
- load is less than about 25%, is in gears 4-8 and RPMs > 1000 (or something like that)
- stays on until load exceeds 50%
- comes back on when load remains less than about 25% for at least four seconds straight

Load is as the ECU measures it, and is reported on OBD2, CAN. Load is also RPM sensitive, not a measure of how much you‘re pushing the gas pedal.

Last edited:

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure what it considers operating temp...mine does eco as soon as I leave the driveway.

Users who are viewing this thread