5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ECO / MDS not working? Disabled?

SwissDave

Reaction score
Hi all, this might be a dumb question, but on my 2014 model Ram I had before, the ECO light would come on very often. Now I have a 2019 Longhorn, and even though in the menu of the 12" the option is set to on, I never see the ECO sign come on ever. Also, since I had the actual gear show in the center screen, I noticed the truck never shifts up to 8th gear, mainly going to 7th at the highest.

Is there a setting? Is the MDS system disabled? Can it be activated somehow?

Thanks

The_Dude

Reaction score
Under the display heading under 'settings' check the display exo in gauge cluster. My MDS works all the time just the indicator light is off.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know that on my truck, I get 2 seperate gear read-outs. One showing which gears I've manually locked out by using the selectors on the steering wheel, and the other shows what gear the truck is actually running in. The only way I get this display is to manually lockout gears with the steering wheel. If you are locking out gears using the steering wheel, you are also locking out MDS. So, if you've been looking for the ECO light while simultaneously locking out gears, you'll never get there.

SwissDave

Reaction score
Thanks. I was aware of that, so this does not solve it. I suspect it might be a software issue. What version do you have in yours? Thanks

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks. I was aware of that, so this does not solve it. I suspect it might be a software issue. What version do you have in yours? Thanks
I believe you have to go into the settings in the gauge cluster to enable it, not on the 12" Uconnect screen.

Kooch80

Reaction score
personally I would be more concerned about the truck never going into 8th gear. sounds like something isn't right with that

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/