5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ecm (module) updates?

KCURTMAR91

Reaction score
Using Ram dealer to replace rear bumper from collission, and dealer says truck (2019 Ram 1500) needs 8 software updates, but had no info on what they are for/do/benifits. Said something about 8 modules, each needs an update. Someone who knows is supposed to call me back, but I've got zero confidence in this dealers service dept, so thought some folks on here might know.

Are there updates we should be doing (not Uconnect updates)?

If so is $200 reasonable? seems high to me to hook up truck to PC and let some updates run .....

Thanks for any advice

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Using Ram dealer to replace rear bumper from collission, and dealer says truck (2019 Ram 1500) needs 8 software updates, but had no info on what they are for/do/benifits. Said something about 8 modules, each needs an update. Someone who knows is supposed to call me back, but I've got zero confidence in this dealers service dept, so thought some folks on here might know.

If so is $200 reasonable? seems high to me to hook up truck to PC and let some updates run .....

Thanks for any advice
If you aren't having any issues and it's not a recall don't worry about it

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I took my '21 in for the DEF Recall, Trailer Steering Recall, and to fix the
Rear Parking Sensors that stopped working 4 months earlier.

The Software fixes were not talking to the BCM. I spent 10 hours at the
Dealer's Service Department that day.

Hopefully the High Pressure Fuel Pump Recall does not need any reflashing.

Malodave

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Thanks for any advice
200 sounds about right but if it ain`t broke... why mess with it. YMMW.
Unless it is stalling, experiencing hard shifts or other drive-ability issues etc... then by all means.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread