5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EasyCare Etch Warranty Cancellation

ToolJunkie

Reaction score
Has anyone cancelled an EasyCare Etch Warranty? This one one of the add-ons I paid for because the dealer said they would not honor the internet advertised price on the vehicle without paying for the add-ons when I purchased my RAM on Jan.1.
The EasyCare website has a form for cancellation. I called the Cancellation Department and they said I needed to take the form to the finance department at the dealer since they would be the ones to issue the refund. They also said the warranty had not been activated so they can easily void the warranty.
I took the form, and a snapshot of the cancellation page from the website to the finance person at the dealer and he took it to the sales manager. The sales manager said it was a contract and could not be voided.
Any one have any luck in cancelling this warranty?

Camelot

Reaction score
If that is the case it should be a clause stating what the cancellation policy is. Ask him for that in writing if it is not part of your documentation. I found this on their website: Looks like you can download a cancelation for there.

1643912625344.png

1643912651056.png

1643912714366.png

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Boy what a load that is! “We won’t honor the advertised price unless you pay us more than the advertised price” sounds a lot like “we won’t honor the advertised price.”

They’ve probably got enough small print and legalese to cover their butts, but this is part of what makes car dealers so distrusted.

ToolJunkie

Reaction score
If that is the case it should be a clause stating what the cancellation policy is. Ask him for that in writing if it is not part of your documentation. I found this on their website: Looks like you can download a cancelation for there.

View attachment 119458

View attachment 119459

View attachment 119460
I requested a formal written response but I suspect he just blew me off. I did submit the form you mention, but the Easycare folks said I need to go through the dealer. The warranty form I signed does not mention anything about cancellation only the web site does. I think they just don't want to give up the profit. The fact they haven't even registered it makes me wonder if the dealer is wanting to pocket the whole fee.

ToolJunkie

Reaction score
Boy what a load that is! “We won’t honor the advertised price unless you pay us more than the advertised price” sounds a lot like “we won’t honor the advertised price.”

They’ve probably got enough small print and legalese to cover their butts, but this is part of what makes car dealers so distrusted.
I guess there is no such thing as an honest car dealer. I just hope it doesn't rub off on the service department since that's who I will be dealing with more.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I requested a formal written response but I suspect he just blew me off. I did submit the form you mention, but the Easycare folks said I need to go through the dealer. The warranty form I signed does not mention anything about cancellation only the web site does. I think they just don't want to give up the profit. The fact they haven't even registered it makes me wonder if the dealer is wanting to pocket the whole fee.
Contact the GM…not some salesman claiming to be the GM but the actual General Manager of the dealership. I cancelled a “security tracking” system the Sales Manager claimed was a contract but when I pressed the GM he refunded it. I simply asked the GM to point to where it states the service cannot be cancelled and he agreed. The Sales Manager has no interest in taking care of you after the sale but the General Manager of the dealership has the authority to make the right call - especially if it isn’t in writing.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you should have received a contract with that purchase which would state the cancelation policy. What does it say? I cancelled several add on's that the dealer finance manager slipped into my contract. one of them I had to message the GM of the dealer as the finance manager refused to cancel it even when the contract stated it could be canceled for a full refund.

ToolJunkie

Reaction score
The verbage does not state anything about cancelation. There is a section called 'Declination of Warranty Registration' that I did not sign at the time of purchase. My only reason for bringing this up is that the EasyCare Website says it can be canceled and it even provides a form to present to the Finance department. I called the EasyCare Cancelation Department and they said the warranty had not been registered and the easiest thing would be to have the dealer void it. I presented the form to the dealer and mentioned my phone call with EasyCare. They will not do it saying its a contract.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The verbage does not state anything about cancelation. There is a section called 'Declination of Warranty Registration' that I did not sign at the time of purchase. My only reason for bringing this up is that the EasyCare Website says it can be canceled and it even provides a form to present to the Finance department. I called the EasyCare Cancelation Department and they said the warranty had not been registered and the easiest thing would be to have the dealer void it. I presented the form to the dealer and mentioned my phone call with EasyCare. They will not do it saying its a contract.
post a screen shot of the contract, all pages so we can see it.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would tell them they're in breach of contract if it hasn't been registered. Then I'd tell them I was going to sue them for taking my money for a service that has not been provided. It's fraud. Force them to register it, then go back to Easycare and cancel it.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm relatively certain the "contract" the "Sales Manager" is referring to is the Sales Order and/or the Purchase/Sales Agreement you signed between the dealer and you. That doc should have a pricing, terms and conditions governing the sale unless they put something into your Loan Docs indicating the added garbage is non-refundable.

When I did this last July, I took all my docs into the dealer, laid the docs on the GM's desk and politely started to review every document with him. By page three of the stack of docs, he admitted there was nothing in there preventing me from getting a refund and he promptly notified his account department to process a refund.

ToolJunkie

Reaction score
I would tell them they're in breach of contract if it hasn't been registered. Then I'd tell them I was going to sue them for taking my money for a service that has not been provided. It's fraud. Force them to register it, then go back to Easycare and cancel it.
The EasyCare folks told me only the dealer can cancel/void it. That is also written on their web page. They also said to give the dealer more time to register it. I want to keep it unregistered while I work with the dealer.

ToolJunkie

Reaction score
post a screen shot of the contract, all pages so we can see it.
For your reading pleasure. I also posted the ELO GPS warranty which I am pursuing cancellation. Their website says nothing about cancellation and neither does their web site. In email dialog with ELO they say the dealer has to cancel it. I blanked out the personal information FYI. In the upper right corner of the Etch warranty there is a label 'US/NON-CANCEL' which they may use. Under WARRANTY COVERAGE it says 'ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON REVERSE SIDE'. I'm meeting with the GM on Monday to get a front license plate bracket which was not on my truck but was on all the other trucks I saw on the lot. The salesman said I had to buy it and that sometimes the come with a bracket and sometimes they don't. He didn't even have any screws to mount the front plate. This has NOT been the best buying experience I have ever had.

Attachments

• ELO.jpg
    ELO.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Etch.jpg
    Etch.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 7

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For your reading pleasure. I also posted the ELO GPS warranty which I am pursuing cancellation. Their website says nothing about cancellation and neither does their web site. In email dialog with ELO they say the dealer has to cancel it. I blanked out the personal information FYI. In the upper right corner of the Etch warranty there is a label 'US/NON-CANCEL' which they may use. Under WARRANTY COVERAGE it says 'ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON REVERSE SIDE'. I'm meeting with the GM on Monday to get a front license plate bracket which was not on my truck but was on all the other trucks I saw on the lot. The salesman said I had to buy it and that sometimes the come with a bracket and sometimes they don't. He didn't even have any screws to mount the front plate. This has NOT been the best buying experience I have ever had.
there should be more to that contract on the opposite side or additional pages. My dealer gave me the same thing called "traceable theft protection". I told the finance manager I want to cancel it and he said it couldn't be canceled. Luckily the contract said I had 60 days to cancel for a full refund. He still refused. After an email to the GM, they canceled it.

ToolJunkie

Reaction score
I didn't get much more than what I uploaded concerning terms and conditions. I know I am missing more information that was supposed to be on the back of the EasyCare Etch form. Surely they didn't mean to exclude it. I'll see what the GM says. Thanks for the feedback.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn't get much more than what I uploaded concerning terms and conditions. I know I am missing more information that was supposed to be on the back of the EasyCare Etch form. Surely they didn't mean to exclude it. I'll see what the GM says. Thanks for the feedback.
that form you uploaded even says "see additional terms and conditions on reverse side", so there should be more to that contract. I wouldn't put it past the finance dept to exclude it. After what I went through, I think the finance dept. is shady as hell. They make their commission on upselling products and they do it in a shady way.

BNeal

Reaction score
What a load of BS! My dealer tried that with me when I purchased my '21, and I told him if they etch the windshield, it's free, or I won't take the truck. They finally removed it from the order sheet.

ToolJunkie

Reaction score
that form you uploaded even says "see additional terms and conditions on reverse side", so there should be more to that contract. I wouldn't put it past the finance dept to exclude it. After what I went through, I think the finance dept. is shady as hell. They make their commission on upselling products and they do it in a shady way.
I suspect they conveniently forgot to give me the back back page as well.

Users who are viewing this thread