5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Easy Netflix solution for Uconnect finally!

cubsfaninsc

Reaction score
Where do you buy these?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed mine, but for different reasons, don't need to watch video while driving.

pullejo

Reaction score
I was looking at this a week and a half ago and almost pulled the trigger... did a 1,000 mile trip in the RAM with a 3 year old. It wouldn't have gotten here in time but damn I wish I'd had it. Came here looking specifically if anyone had done it.

INVISBLE

Reaction score
Well I got mine and plugged it, waited a bit, had to go to projection manager screen to get it going and it works! Google maps, youtube, Netflix and some other stuff works great. I havent had time to sit with it for too long but aside from the high price it works and I am happy with my purchase.

And since I pay for the ATT hotspot, it is all self contained to the truck and not my phone.

INVISBLE

Reaction score
So there a couple of issues... in the split screen mode, the NAV, phone or Travel link do not work while the MMB is running. For some reason an OBDII bluetooth dongle, like for Torque, cant be plugged in while the MMB is operating. The MMB keeps shutting off when I do. But at least I have been able to get Pandora, Sirius app, several radar apps, a tracking app and all the typical video streaming apps to work fine.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can't pair an OBDII Bluetooth dongle with the MMB. I had to get a Wi-Fi OBDII dongle to link with the MMB, I use DashCommand, haven't tried Torque yet.

pullejo

Reaction score
I got it as well. Works much much better than anticipated and if you know how to find APK's... there is literally nothing you can't watch on it. Netflix on the way to school for my 3 year old... YouTube TV sitting in traffic on the way home for me. Great product.

Swicago

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the free version of spotify acts like a tablet or cell phone. Free spotify in cell phone mode only plays random and only lets you skip a few songs, where as in tablet mode you can play albums/playlists in order and can skip as much as you want.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This looks awesome...couple questions though:
1. If you are streaming youtube or whatever and a phone call comes in...what happens? (Assuming your phone is connected via Bluetooth)
2. Can you stream multiple apps at a time...for example, watch youtube and run Waze in the bottom half? (doubting this but curious)
3. What is the GPS for? NAV apps I assume, but am I missing something?

Any other negatives?

pullejo

Reaction score
This looks awesome...couple questions though:
1. If you are streaming youtube or whatever and a phone call comes in...what happens? (Assuming your phone is connected via Bluetooth)
2. Can you stream multiple apps at a time...for example, watch youtube and run Waze in the bottom half? (doubting this but curious)
3. What is the GPS for? NAV apps I assume, but am I missing something?

Any other negatives?
#1 phone calls happen like a Bluetooth connected phone.
#2 it does split screen if you want to and all other apps you’ve opened will stay open too. You would have to plug in the gps box it comes with to get Waze to work though.
#3 … No NAV period without connecting it. I haven’t yet. But you cannot even use the factory NAV when it’s working. Probably the only drawback of the device.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
#1 phone calls happen like a Bluetooth connected phone.
#2 it does split screen if you want to and all other apps you’ve opened will stay open too. You would have to plug in the gps box it comes with to get Waze to work though.
#3 … No NAV period without connecting it. I haven’t yet. But you cannot even use the factory NAV when it’s working. Probably the only drawback of the device.
Thanks for the info...helpful! Thinking about this...

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Need to read instruction. You can get navigation without hooking up the extra box and antenna. Start the box, go into settings, click on accessibility and click on "Vehicle position". Now the satellite indicator turns green and you have navigation. I use Sygic, best thing out there. Updated maps for free every 3 month.

nav1.jpg nav2.jpg nav3.jpg nav4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread