5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Early Build Trucks

Kevin S

Reaction score
New on this forum....Should I be concerned with a March of 2018 Build date?

rlc2020

Reaction score
I'm April of 2018, I read that there is a difference in cab mounts, but not sure exactly what that means. Someone else with more information I'm sure will chime in

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
In my opinion yes, I would hold out for a newer build date. All other things can be attended to with the recalls but not the cab mounts. "Beginning with the 2019 models built after July 2018, the cab mounts to the vehicle frame at the C-pillars were strengthened to improve occupant protection in small overlap frontal crashes."

Kevin S

Reaction score
In my opinion yes, I would hold out for a newer build date. All other things can be attended to with the recalls but not the cab mounts. "Beginning with the 2019 models built after July 2018, the cab mounts to the vehicle frame at the C-pillars were strengthened to improve occupant protection in small overlap frontal crashes."

Well, I own it now...….lol Should I be concerned about the above items? Is there a recall to fix? ( I didn't see any) I havent seen a definitive production start, some said Jan of 2018?

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Well, I own it now...….lol Should I be concerned about the above items? Is there a recall to fix? ( I didn't see any) I havent seen a definitive production start, some said Jan of 2018?
Naw, not much you can do about it now so no need to be concerned. Trucks are pretty safe in general but they did strengthen the roof a bit with the newer builds. Hopefully you will not get into any major frontal crashes but should still be safer than older trucks I would presume: https://leftlanenews.com/ram/1500/redesigned-ram-1500-improves-crash-test-ratings/

U

User_7869

Kevin S

Reaction score
Well, I gotta say, that makes me wonder. If the design was bad enough to change the pillars or add modifications, and it was caught so early, why did they not pull these off the lots, and or not sell them to the public?

Thank you for the link though! Very informative!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
My truck is a March 2018 truck.
No major issues to speak of. Had the brake squeal which got fixed in October. Super happy with my truck. I currently have 4800 miles on it.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online