5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E Torque system

Niknot

Reaction score
Hi
I am from Australia and have Limited with the stop start system the problem is it only works intermittent and mostly not. Are other owners having the same problem and if so are there any fixes for it
Thanks

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi
I am from Australia and have Limited with the stop start system the problem is it only works intermittent and mostly not. Are other owners having the same problem and if so are there any fixes for it
Thanks
No problems here. Mine works as designed. Hope you get the bugs worked out of yours.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi
Thanks
If it's on and off intermittently, excessive outside heat and A/C being on is a contributing factor if that's your issue.

Amerinamese

Reaction score
To add on, there are certain conditions that have to be met for the start/stop system to work. Right now in the summer, if your A/C can't maintain the ambient temp you have set, the engine won't shut off. For example, if it's 95 degrees outside and you have your A/C set to 65 degrees, the truck won't shut off the engine in favor of keeping the A/C compressor running. I have ,mine set to 72 degrees usually and my engine will shut off for about a minute then start back up because the A/C needs to come back on to maintain 72 degrees.

In the winter your engine needs to warm to operating temp before the start/stop system will shut the engine off. Then if the engine gets to cold it will automatically start again.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There's also a stop/start screen in the gauge cluster that will tell you what conditions have not been met for stop/start activation.

Users who are viewing this thread