5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E-torque/Spare Tire Issue - Another Forum

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
I'm wondering where the fans are for the etorque? It also says fan1, so there's more than 1 fan? What would the fan cool? Is it back behind the seats cooling the battery? There's no fan under the hood with the actual system, I don't believe.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm wondering where the fans are for the etorque? It also says fan1, so there's more than 1 fan? What would the fan cool? Is it back behind the seats cooling the battery? There's no fan under the hood with the actual system, I don't believe.
No idea. I just thought this info was very interesting and its the first time I read anything like this. Also, thought his "defect" about his spare tire was interesting too.

Reduxalicious

Reaction score

Well I know On the V6, the E-Torque motor is water-cooled and part of the water pump assembly, while the unit on the V8 is air-cooled?

I just looked under the hood and can't find a specific fan for the Motor on the 5.7

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I seem to recall FCA saying the eTorque battery had cooling fans, I wanna say two. Yes they would be on the battery.

Search Youtube. TFL's Mr. Truck went to the press launch and recorded FCA discussing this.

Users who are viewing this thread