5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E brake turns off automatic

BigD

Reaction score
Wondering why sometimes the emergency brake turns off automatically when u put it in gear & sometimes it doesn't & u have to manually push the E brake button?

Reactions: c3k
Wondering why sometimes the emergency brake turns off automatically when u put it in gear & sometimes it doesn't & u have to manually push the E brake button?

It won't automatically disengage the brake if you don't fasten your seat belt before shifting out of park.

Last edited:
Not going to lie, it took me about 3-4 days to realize that after I turned on that setting☝️☝️. 😁

Last edited:

I've read the manual. I've played with the brake. I still have NO idea what combination requires me to manually disengage the parking brake. (And, I always belt up before shifting out of park.)

Inquiring minds need to know...

The seat belt is the determining factor of whether or not the e-brake will shut off automatically when put into gear.

When shifting into gear:
Seat belt off, brake stays on.
Seat belt on, brake shuts off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back