5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dynamic Diodes SS3 Fogs

rdguindon

Reaction score
I wanted to install the Dynamic Diodes SS3 Fogs in my 2024 Ram 1500 but I didnt like the lights that Dynamic Diodes had for the 2024 w led fogs so I ordered the lights I wanted and the bezels. I noticed the light and the bezel don't appear to mate properly. I ordered the bezels myself, part #68318117AB. Is this how they are supposed to fit? Thanks for the help. Rick.

Attachments

• IMG_3105.jpg
    IMG_3105.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3104.jpg
    IMG_3104.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 9
I wanted to install the Dynamic Diodes SS3 Fogs in my 2024 Ram 1500 but I didnt like the lights that Dynamic Diodes had for the 2024 w led fogs so I ordered the lights I wanted and the bezels. I noticed the light and the bezel don't appear to mate properly. I ordered the bezels myself, part #68318117AB. Is this how they are supposed to fit? Thanks for the help. Rick.
Your post is a little confusing. Who did you order the fog lights from? You are trying to use factory bezels with aftermarket lights? Do the new lights say factory fit or do they have their own bezels to order?

I ordered the fogs from Prolightz. From the youtube videos i have seen and posts ive read in the forums and from the website the lights mount to the factory bezels. My truck came with LED fogs, the Dynamic Diodes upgrade light is the "elite series" I didnt like these lights, so I ordered the non-LED bezels for my year of truck and the Dynamic lights I preferred so now im at the point where i am questioning the fit

That isn't correct. You are missing the mounting bracket. The light doesn't install directly against the bezel; it sits in the bracket directly behind it.

Here's the part number for the bracket. 68403915AA

Last edited:
Yes I realize I need the mounting bracket but from what I’ve seen of installation pics and videos the ss3 fog lights appears to sit flush against the back of the bezel

Yes I realize I need the mounting bracket but from what I’ve seen of installation pics and videos the ss3 fog lights appears to sit flush against the back of the bezel
It doesn't. Put the bracket on it; you'll see. This is what the back of my bezel looked like. You're trying to figure out the puzzle without having all the pieces. ;)
1729356389478.png

Last edited:
once everything was installed you didnt have the gaps like in my pics?

There still will be a small gap. The light can still rotate once installed which is what you want for aiming purposes.
1000008399.jpg

Thanks for all the help, appreciate the info. Did you get the fogs with the back light?

What did you tie the power for the backlight into?
I used alfaobd to make the yellow turn indicator my DRL and I figure that’ll look good with the amber backlight.

How did you figure out which one it was, I can’t seem to find a wiring diagram online.

DS - White with brown PS - white with orange (pass side has 2 same color, you want the larger of the 2).

Users who are viewing this thread

• Jako
Back