5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dust in cab

Rocketrides

Reaction score
Is anyone else getting lots of dust in their cab? I've tried turning off the recirc and still, when I open the doors dusts rushes in the cab. I talked to dodge and they recommend to cover the rear vents. Does this work? Any other suggestions? Thanks

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is anyone else getting lots of dust in their cab? I've tried turning off the recirc and still, when I open the doors dusts rushes in the cab. I talked to dodge and they recommend to cover the rear vents. Does this work? Any other suggestions? Thanks
I get quite a bit of dust, but I do not think it is any different from other vehicles I've had in the past. For me, it is more noticeable in this truck with my black dash interior. I bought a california car duster and keep it in the vehicle and just try to stay on top of it at least once a week. It seems to make it more manageable to deal with.

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If there’s one benefit of dealing with the miserable heat and humidity in Louisiana, it’s that it keeps dust in check

Barnyard

Reaction score
If there’s one benefit of dealing with the miserable heat and humidity in Louisiana, it’s that it keeps dust in check
Yeah, I'm in South Louisiana too, and my black interior doesn't get any dustier than other vehicles I've owned. I would think recirc would introduce less dust though, right?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Lucky you!!! Here in SouthWest Florida, we get the miserable heat and humidity and the pollen/dust...ugh.

I am gonna check my cabin filter....after seeing one in another post. While it may not be the total answer...may help.

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lucky you!!! Here in SouthWest Florida, we get the miserable heat and humidity and the pollen/dust...ugh.

I am gonna check my cabin filter....after seeing one in another post. While it may not be the total answer...may help.
We get pollen, but not to where it’s accumulating inside the cab. Do you have to deal “love bugs” out there?

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
We get pollen, but not to where it’s accumulating inside the cab. Do you have to deal “love bugs” out there?
Yes, we (Florida and Louisiana) share many of the same lovely, swampy, beautiful stuff !!!!!
Sauna heat-humidity, love bugs, gators, swamplands-marsh, bears, panthers, now python, iguanas.....lmao!!!

This actually is not a bad year for the love bugs (I posted this in another thread) at least for this side of Florida/comparing to previous years dealing with love bugs:

We see iguana from time to time in our backyard on both sides of the canal. So far lucky enough to not see/experience the pythons!!!

silverbullet

Reaction score
Yes, we (Florida and Louisiana) share many of the same lovely, swampy, beautiful stuff !!!!!
Sauna heat-humidity, love bugs, gators, swamplands-marsh, bears, panthers, now python, iguanas.....lmao!!!

This actually is not a bad year for the love bugs (I posted this in another thread) at least for this side of Florida/comparing to previous years dealing with love bugs:
View attachment 27993

We see iguana from time to time in our backyard on both sides of the canal. So far lucky enough to not see/experience the pythons!!!
My old man used to live in Florida...I can remember going to visit and driving through 'clouds' of those things....wow that's a lot of bugs!

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I live in southeast Florida. We don’t get any pollen or love bugs, but I do have to drive to Orlando on business sometimes and this is what will happen.

Attachments

• D74D61A0-EC92-4768-B5E5-650A5120FF56.jpeg
    D74D61A0-EC92-4768-B5E5-650A5120FF56.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 57

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
My old man used to live in Florida...I can remember going to visit and driving through 'clouds' of those things....wow that's a lot of bugs!
silverbullet,

This is "light" maybe a 2 out of 10 (with 10 being the most severe).
Worse thing you can do is to use your windshield wipers ugh....smear city to point you can't see. I did a quick search for love bugs florida and came up with this UPS truck:

Thats when it gets BAD!!!!!

Like I said this is a good year!!!!!

"...researchers have found that automobile exhaust fumes, heat from the engines and the vibrations of the vehicles themselves all attract lovebugs..."

Brent T

Reaction score

I have the same problem, on gravel and dirt roads all the time. Never seen such a dusty truck and I have owned lots of them. Same here when I open the rear doors, dust “rushes” in the cab.

forgiver

Reaction score
I have the same problem, on gravel and dirt roads all the time. Never seen such a dusty truck and I have owned lots of them. Same here when I open the rear doors, dust “rushes” in the cab.
Same here dust comes in when you open rear doors its stupid crazy not dusty when driving only when you open rear doors I hope there’s a fix soon

dsn112

Reaction score
This dash material seems like a magnet. I have had cars that didn't ever look dusty, and this one is by far the worst. Dusty looking even with weekly wipedowns with high quality non greasy, matte interior cleaner.

LSV

Reaction score
Same here dust comes in when you open rear doors its stupid crazy not dusty when driving only when you open rear doors I hope there’s a fix soon
Same Problem? Hear of any solutions yet?

Huck

Reaction score
Get your door seals checked out I I had to get 2 replaced on my rear doors

Barmstrong

Reaction score
I battled this for a long time with my 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie crew cab short box. My dealer worked very diligently trying to figure out the problem and we eventually found a few holes that are taped over from the factory to accommodate different trim packages. They are under the carpet under the rear seats but over the fuel tank so you can't see them from under the truck. This helped immensely with gravel driving and not getting dust in the cab while driving. As far as having dust billow in when you open the doors I removed a little rubber flap/seal from the bottom of the rear doors and that seemed to help a little but not fix the problem.
We tried covering venters in the back, I even completely filled the space between the box and the cab and it seemed to provide very little results. During this whole process, I was using a leaf blower to clean the dust out of the truck and I was blowing out my cab air filter weekly. Now it seems for the most part to be dust-free!

Users who are viewing this thread