5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Duratracs on Bighorn pressure settings...

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Curious what everyone’s experience has been with different pressure settings on the Duratracs? I’m currently sitting at 50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My truck does great with the stock Rebel settings of 55F/45R, your crewcab should have a similar weight bias to use those settings. just got them rotated & balanced at 5,000 and the tire guy said no issues with abnormal wear patterns, cupping, etc.

Would I run them lower? Maybe, just to see how they felt. However I don't want to stare at a orange low air pressure light and a warning to pump up my tires every time I drive my truck.

I can buy a tuner to change that, but I honestly think they run fine on the street with the OEM pressures, everyone who rides with me says my truck is so comfortable. For off-road, I typically run 25 psi all around, sometimes down to 20 psi in more sandy situations.

STR

Reaction score
Yeah, the recommended PSI on the Rebel is 55F/45R, which is what I’m running.

When I purchased the truck it seem bouncy. I checked the PSI and it was 65-70 in all 4. I lowered them to 55F/45R and truck was more stable, grounded, and without the bounce.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Appreciate the responses! I figured there wouldn’t be much difference from the Rebel to the Bighorn. Real impressed with the tires thus far compared to the stock the ‘horn came with

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Yeah, the recommended PSI on the Rebel is 55F/45R, which is what I’m running.

When I purchased the truck it seem bouncy. I checked the PSI and it was 65-70 in all 4. I lowered them to 55F/45R and truck was more stable, grounded, and without the bounce.

Typical dealer forgetting to adjust the pressures down from "lot pressure", which is a higher pressure to prevent them from flat spotting sitting on the lot for months on end. This is why I do my own oil changes :)

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Appreciate the responses! I figured there wouldn’t be much difference from the Rebel to the Bighorn. Real impressed with the tires thus far compared to the stock the ‘horn came with

For a kinda hybrid tire, made to fit between a Mud Terrain and All Terrain, they aren't as loud as they look! I only have a slight wine at highway speeds, very happy with mine so far.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For a kinda hybrid tire, made to fit between a Mud Terrain and All Terrain, they aren't as loud as they look! I only have a slight wine at highway speeds, very happy with mine so far.

I was actually a little surprised at the noise. The deceleration I think is when I notice it the most. Certainly far from a deal breaker. After driving them I’m actually amazed they even put the stock wheels on the big horn, it’s night and day with the way the truck feels.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread