5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Duratrac to KO2 Stock Size Noise Difference?

troymi

Reaction score
2019 Rebel with air susp and stock 275/70/18 Duratracs.

The tires are not too bad, but on occasion someone riding with me (hmm?) suggests the truck isn't that comfortable. I get it.

So, our last truck had 35" KO2s and it was actually smoother and quieter (arbitrary I know). Has anyone put stock KO2 275/70/18 on their Rebel? How does it compare? There was a one day sale at Costco yesterday for KO2s so I bought a set knowing that they don't have to be taken if I decide against.

Curious any experiences. Thanks.

Downytide

Reaction score
2019 Rebel with air susp and stock 275/70/18 Duratracs.

The tires are not too bad, but on occasion someone riding with me (hmm?) suggests the truck isn't that comfortable. I get it.

So, our last truck had 35" KO2s and it was actually smoother and quieter (arbitrary I know). Has anyone put stock KO2 275/70/18 on their Rebel? How does it compare? There was a one day sale at Costco yesterday for KO2s so I bought a set knowing that they don't have to be taken if I decide against.

Curious any experiences. Thanks.

Before spend the money, check your tire pressure.

the sweet spot for me is around 45-49psi front and 39-42psi rear.

troymi

Reaction score
Thanks Downytide. I've changed around a few times, but it just seems to be a pretty firm ride on the Duratracs and a little noisier than others I have been in. I don't expect luxury car smooth, but the KO2's I've had in the past have been much smoother/quieter.

Just looking to hear from any others that have similar experiences, but really curious if anyone has replace the stock Duras with the KO2 in that size.

Downytide

Reaction score
Thanks Downytide. I've changed around a few times, but it just seems to be a pretty firm ride on the Duratracs and a little noisier than others I have been in. I don't expect luxury car smooth, but the KO2's I've had in the past have been much smoother/quieter.

Just looking to hear from any others that have similar experiences, but really curious if anyone has replace the stock Duras with the KO2 in that size.

Haven't had direct comparison of the two on same vehicle, only went from normal tires to ko2 , when I had ko2 it was noisier compare to then stock tires, but it doesn't really make the rumbling noise like these duratrac.

On a plus side, GM trailboss/at4 twins also use duratrac, albeit shorter, but holy crap they are so much louder in the cabin compare to Rebel down the street.

Users who are viewing this thread