5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dumb rim size question.

mplaramie

Reaction score
I know this isn't the smartest thing to ask and I may get ribbed pretty good. However, I have 22" rims that came stock and been thinking of going to a 20" rim. Can I go to a 20" with no issue or are there some things/parts that need to be changed? Like hub or anything else?

Again, I know it's a rookie question but appreciate any help.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can go down to 18” wheels without any problems. Rim size across the Trim packages range from 18-22” and are generally interchangeable.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You can go down to 18” wheels without any problems. Rim size across the Trim packages range from 18-22” and are generally interchangeable.
I wouldn't say that. Not all aftermarket 18" wheels will fit a Ram. No issues with ,20" wheels as long as you get the right backspacing/offset

mplaramie

Reaction score
I wouldn't say that. Not all aftermarket 18" wheels will fit a Ram. No issues with ,20" wheels as long as you get the right backspacing/offset
Right now, I have 22" 4Play Wheels. They have 4.79 backspacing and -18 offset. If I go 20", I would stay at a min 4.75" backspacing and 0 to -18 offset. Am I on the right track? Is there a preferred set up with a 20" wheel?

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was referring to stock rim sizes as noted in my post. But yes, aftermarket rims need the correct backspacing and offset to fit whatever particular model truck they are going to be fitted on.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was referring to stock rim sizes as noted in my post. But yes, aftermarket rims need the correct backspacing and offset to fit whatever particular model truck they are going to be fitted on.
Your post doesn't reference only stock wheels. Was just clarifying that not all 18" wheels will fit. But OP is looking for 20" wheels anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/