5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dueler H/T a passenger tire?

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
After taking a closer look, I was pretty disgusted to find that my 275/65 R18 Dueler H/T is more of a passenger tire and not a truck tire. To top it off after poking around on the Bridgestone website the warranty mileage range is listed as "0". What kind of life span can I expect out of these tires?

2019REBEL

Reaction score
After taking a closer look, I was pretty disgusted to find that my 275/65 R18 Dueler H/T is more of a passenger tire and not a truck tire. To top it off after poking around on the Bridgestone website the warranty mileage range is listed as "0". What kind of life span can I expect out of these tires?

Are these factory tires or aftermarket. The factory tires are built slightly different from aftermarket ones, my buddy works at Goodyear plant and he says about 3/4 of the aftermarket rating.

Scram1500

Reaction score
Factory tires, I had a hard time actually finding the information. They weren't listed on tire rack last time I checked

PorBoy

Reaction score
Yes mine didn’t last long at all and I also was shocked that a passenger tire like so was installed onto my truck.

gpbst3

Reaction score
I thought there was only passenger tires and light truck tires. LT tires are overkill for most of the trucks on the road.

I would never expect LT tires off the dealer lot unless you had a 2500 or higher.

Scram1500

Reaction score
I thought there was only passenger tires and light truck tires. LT tires are overkill for most of the trucks on the road.

I would never expect LT tires off the dealer lot unless you had a 2500 or higher.
Specially if most people these days want their pick ups to have that soft ride and rarely if ever haul or tow anything. I agree it is probably overkill, but 2.5 tons should have a more substantial tire

bigwhttrk19dt

Reaction score
2 cents/// Look on the Discount Tire Direct website. They have the Bridgestone tire listed as well as details. Make sure you put in the correct info as there's more than one Dueller.
Sibebar - I've run Bridgestone Duellers on a Silverado for over 30K miles to date and they look almost new. I do check tire pressure quite often and rotate at least once a year. I also have Bridgestome studded snows ( 2wd ) for the winter and they've held up quite well.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've never scene a Bridgestone Dueler mounted on a car so I think they are intended for light duty trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread