5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dueler H/L Tire replacement

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been asked or not? My question is, thoughts on these factory Dueler H/L tires? I ordered a 2021 Laramie sport. I asked for Falken tires, of course it came with Duelers! My 19 had them and I think they are junk and the service manager even told me that he’s embarrassed that they put these tires on these new ram trucks. Anyway has anyone swapped tires off the truck when new? What did it cost you and are you happy with your decision? Any thoughts on if swapping tires on a new truck messes with the factory warranty? Any recommendations on a little more aggressive tire, but not really a off road tire? Just had snow and with only 11,000 miles, turning slow on snow and ice the front end of the truck just slides. Thanks for any advice!

Last edited:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Other than the Rebel, Ram trucks come with garbage tires. Switch them out. BF G ATKO2 100%

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
I beg to differ. The Falken Wildpeak's that come with the ORG are very good tires.

Not sure if this has been asked or not? My question is, thoughts on these factory Dueler H/L tires? I ordered a 2021 Laramie sport. I asked for Falkan tires, of course it came with Duelers! My 19 had them and I think they are junk and the service manager even told me that he’s embarrassed that they put these tires on these new ram trucks. Anyway has anyone swapped tires off the truck when new? What did it cost you and are you happy with your decision? Any thoughts on if swapping tires on a new truck messes with the factory warranty? Any recommendations on a little more aggressive tire, but not really a off road tire? Just had snow and with only 11,000 miles, turning slow on snow and ice the front end of the truck just slides. Thanks for any advice!
I totally agree that the Dueler's are terrible tires for anything except cruising on smooth dry pavement.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My duelers were completely shot...BALD at 22,000 miles. Replaced them with Michelins, truck is rolling up on 40,000 miles and they still look new...Plus the shimmy from the crap tires has been gone for nearly 20,000 miles.

Portercycling250

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been asked or not? My question is, thoughts on these factory Dueler H/L tires? I ordered a 2021 Laramie sport. I asked for Falkan tires, of course it came with Duelers! My 19 had them and I think they are junk and the service manager even told me that he’s embarrassed that they put these tires on these new ram trucks. Anyway has anyone swapped tires off the truck when new? What did it cost you and are you happy with your decision? Any thoughts on if swapping tires on a new truck messes with the factory warranty? Any recommendations on a little more aggressive tire, but not really a off road tire? Just had snow and with only 11,000 miles, turning slow on snow and ice the front end of the truck just slides. Thanks for any advice!
I recently bought my 2021 sport and before taking delivery already had arranged for a set of Nokian studded winter tires to be installed two days after taking delivery. The stock tires I will likely run next spring summer but will also replace them when finances allow and will not use them more than that. A quality tire is very important and I’ve always bought the best I can afford for safety and performance. If you have the funds get a separate winter specific tire . Good luck and Happy New Year!

Kooch80

Reaction score
I agree that this time are junk and that a quality time is a good investment. I have ran general grabber's in highway tread in the snow and liked them. Also have heard nothing but good things about michelin ltx

Derlant1983

Reaction score
I finally kicked the POS alenza's to the curb. replaced with falken wildpeak at/3 w. way better in the snow, not much more noise vibration than the highway pos tires. replacing tires have no effect on your warranty .

cervelo15

Reaction score
Glad to hear this about the Falkens since my truck goes in for a level lift next month and I figure I want to put new tires on right away. Same setup, have the OWL Bridgestone hL. How do they ride?

Derlant1983

Reaction score
Glad to hear this about the Falkens since my truck goes in for a level lift next month and I figure I want to put new tires on right away. Same setup, have the OWL Bridgestone hL. How do they ride?
Ride is the same, noise slightly higher (expected), handling slightly better (dry roads, unexpected), way better snow traction & handling (expected) I have the at3/w not the ram spec at3/w a. I believe mine weight more than the stock falkens not sure of any other difference. Gas mileage could have taken a hit, but could be the winter gas cold temps right after the swap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online