5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dueler AT Revo 3 or TerrainContact AT

ktl5005

Reaction score
Yep, the Pirellis are also a very solid choice and priced very well coparatively. The weight/MPG thing is still ringing in my ear...

I've looked at Coopers as well. Obviously a great tire but my hesitations are mpg hit and higher cost when compared...though the 65K warranty offsets that a bit. They, like the Pirellis, weigh 3-4lbs more than Conti's or Firestones.

Yes, I'm well aware that AT tires and MPG's are opposing forces so to speak, however the weight seems to me to be the biggest culprit. I'm researching the hell outta this to find the best overall compromise that suits my use case the best.
I just got the Coopers out on my Ram . It was $980 for 4 before tax. They also have a $70 rebate going on.

haven’t noticed a weight difference. Think they roll easier on the road and are super quiet

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just got the Coopers out on my Ram . It was $980 for 4 before tax. They also have a $70 rebate going on.

haven’t noticed a weight difference. Think they roll easier on the road and are super quiet
If I actually wear through my open country’s, then I’ll probably get a set of those. My mpg’s tanked with the open country LT’s.

Dirtdoc

Reaction score
Any chance you can post a pic? Would love to see how that looks with the taller tire. I've been considering the 60's as well. Also, you mention no mpg penalty...are you saying your mpg's are the same after going from OEM 275/55-20 tires (guessing Bridgestone Dueler H/L?) to the Conti TerrainContact AT's in 60 profile? I am REALLLLY hoping you say yes...
MPG's stayed the same after switch. The contis due to traed pattern and design and lightwieght are kind of an in between highway and at tire, taht is why they are great riding, quiet and do not affect mpg. My own opinion from running them.

Dirtdoc

Reaction score
My son in law has cooper at3 on their expedition and you hear them more when on the road. The ride compared to the conti is similiar but the conti is smoother. The AT 3 is a better off road tire.

ktl5005

Reaction score
My son in law has cooper at3 on their expedition and you hear them more when on the road. The ride compared to the conti is similiar but the conti is smoother. The AT 3 is a better off road tire.
The AT3 4S is no louder than that factory WildPeaks with the benefit of severe mountain symbol for severe weather

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was pretty interested in the Terraincontact A/T's but it seems they are subpar in snow and that's a no-go for me. Destination AT2's and Cooper AT3 4s' do better there. Even the Michelin Defenders do better there.

Also looking at Yokohama Geolander AT G015's. Seems to have a pretty nice balance of everything (like the Coopers) but are a bit tougher.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was pretty interested in the Terraincontact A/T's but it seems they are subpar in snow and that's a no-go for me. Destination AT2's and Cooper AT3 4s' do better there. Even the Michelin Defenders do better there.

Also looking at Yokohama Geolander AT G015's. Seems to have a pretty nice balance of everything (like the Coopers) but are a bit tougher.
I got toyo open country’s, but my other top choice is the geolander you mentioned. Those are great tires

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got toyo open country’s, but my other top choice is the geolander you mentioned. Those are great tires
Yeah, I was leaning toward the Coopers, but my local Ram dealers don't carry them, and I've had bad experiences with more than one third party tire shops, so I try and stick to the dealer when I swap tires (for alignment and balancing and such). I could order the Cooper's myself, and have my dealer out them on, but the one negative I've heard about those tires is that they're tricky to balance, and if the dealer doesn't normally see them....

So, it's pretty close right now between the Geolanders and the Defenders. I know the latter will ride better, and I do mostly highway driving, but they're also more expensive, not as good off road (which I do occasionally) and their sidewalls aren't as tough, which is important for me since I'm on 22's.

edit: then again, I've read the Geolanders hit your MPG's harder than most other similar "light" A/T tires.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I was leaning toward the Coopers, but my local Ram dealers don't carry them, and I've had bad experiences with more than one third party tire shops, so I try and stick to the dealer when I swap tires (for alignment and balancing and such). I could order the Cooper's myself, and have my dealer out them on, but the one negative I've heard about those tires is that they're tricky to balance, and if the dealer doesn't normally see them....

So, it's pretty close right now between the Geolanders and the Defenders. I know the latter will ride better, and I do mostly highway driving, but they're also more expensive, not as good off road (which I do occasionally) and their sidewalls aren't as tough, which is important for me since I'm on 22's.

edit: then again, I've read the Geolanders hit your MPG's harder than most other similar "light" A/T tires.
I’ve read that about geolanders also. I had the coopers on 2 work vehicles and had issues with both randomly blowing out sidewalls on both. It was 6 blown out tires in a little over a year. I don’t know if it was a bad lot, but I won’t run them because of that. A lot of others had had great experiences with them though.

I love defenders and michelin (in general), and wouldn’t hesitate to get them if I was running stock wheels or wanted a less aggressive tread pattern.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ran 5 sets of the Geolanders across 2 previous vehicles. They are exceptionally competent and well mannered. I miss their highway manners compared to the duratracs I run.

I don’t know that they are the best mild AT tire but I’ll all but guarantee you wont regret it.

I’m thinking about the Revos next simply for something new and because they are light in my size.

Last edited:

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ran 5 sets of the Geolanders across 2 previous vehicles. They are exceptionally competent and well mannered. I miss their highway manners compared to the duratracs I run.

I don’t know that they are the best mild AT tire but I’ll all but guarantee you wont regret it.

I’m thinking about the Revos next simply for something new and because they are light in my size.
Yeah, again, very light off-roading for me (some gravel and dirt roads, wet grass, nothing serious). I actually really like the tread pattern on them too (the Geo's), and it probably shouldn't but it's definitely one of the things keeping them in the running alongside the Defender's (which look kind of boring).

Maroon Baboon

Reaction score
Good day! I've narrowed it down to these two tiers for my next purchase:

Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo 3
Continental TerrainContact AT

I live in FL panhandle and my Laramie 4x4 is stock height with stock 20s. Any feedback on either of these tires is much appreciated, thanks!
What did you end up going with? How happy are either way; I am comparing the same 2 for my rebel.

jmagsho

Reaction score
Skip the Revo's. I had Revo 2's on my two previous trucks and they were great, so I didn't lend much credence to the negative reviews on Tire Rack about tread wear on the Revo 3's. Big mistake. One got 20k on them now and they are about done. They lasted about as long as the Goodyears that they replaced. They will be the last set of Bridgestone tires I buy.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread