5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dueler AT Revo 3 or TerrainContact AT

jman307

Reaction score
Good day! I've narrowed it down to these two tiers for my next purchase:

Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo 3
Continental TerrainContact AT

I live in FL panhandle and my Laramie 4x4 is stock height with stock 20s. Any feedback on either of these tires is much appreciated, thanks!

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One consideration: if you are planning for a bigger tire than stock, that probably puts you into e range load territory.

In that range tires get super heavy, but the Revos are always the lightest by far in a given size.

Contis are heavy.

You want your tires as light as possible.

For this reason, Revos in a 295/70r18 will be my next tire.

The very few reviews I’ve found on them are very promising.

Dirtdoc

Reaction score
Terrain Contact is not heavy. I think if I remember revos are heavier but do a search and you will find the continental is highly rated and one of the lighter ones. They are very quiet, ride great, do not reduce mpg's and look good. Very nice tire for somone who does alot of highway with some mild off road. 275/60/20 standard load range.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here you guys go. Continentals are lighter, but it’s really splitting hairs.
9ED50681-A1D7-4220-89A1-F27DF19CB8ED.jpeg
B29DF0AE-18FA-4341-89EF-8BA095CCD0CB.jpeg

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In the standard load p metric class all weights are close. The benefits on the Revos come in to play On Larger than stock sizes / e ranges.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Could always move up a size to 275/60R20 as well. Those stay in the P range as well I think.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat...trying to decide on tires, but also in my mix are the Firestone Destination AT2. Very good reviews and same weight. Based on pricing and experience I'm leaning toward the Conti's, but my ears are still wide open.

jman307

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat...trying to decide on tires, but also in my mix are the Firestone Destination AT2. Very good reviews and same weight. Based on pricing and experience I'm leaning toward the Conti's, but my ears are still wide open.
I'm leaning toward the same. My Ram dealer is doing a buy 3 get 4th for $1. I would check your dealership and see if they're participating. Sale is running through 30 Nov 2021. I'm leaning toward the Continentals as well based on my primarily road driving...they get excellent reviews on multiple sites that I've researched.

Dirtdoc

Reaction score
You will not be dissapointed with the continentals. I had them on my 18 ram and now on my 21 limited. Put 275/60/20 on my 21. Wanted to go up from factory as they look to small. Did not effect mpg at all in fact lowers rpm because bigger around. I have an ecodiesel. Good luck.

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Reaction score
I ran the Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo 3's on my old Titan and they were great tires no matter the (FL) weather. My son runs them on his Colorado and likes them a lot as well.

Can't speak to the Continentals as I've never used them.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You will not be dissapointed with the continentals. I had them on my 18 ram and now on my 21 limited. Put 275/60/20 on my 21. Wanted to go up from factory as they look to small. Did not effect mpg at all in fact lowers rpm because bigger around. I have an ecodiesel. Good luck.
Any chance you can post a pic? Would love to see how that looks with the taller tire. I've been considering the 60's as well. Also, you mention no mpg penalty...are you saying your mpg's are the same after going from OEM 275/55-20 tires (guessing Bridgestone Dueler H/L?) to the Conti TerrainContact AT's in 60 profile? I am REALLLLY hoping you say yes...

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you are considering the Continentals, I recommend considering the Pirelli Scorpion A/T plus. These rate right with the Continentals in pretty much every category but are more aggressive looking.

ktl5005

Reaction score
I've looked at those as well. Do you have personal experience with the Coopers, Bridgstones, and Continentals?
The Coopers. My wife has them on her Durango and I just got them put on the Ram today. Smooth, quiet, severe weather rated, aggressive but not crazy.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you are considering the Continentals, I recommend considering the Pirelli Scorpion A/T plus. These rate right with the Continentals in pretty much every category but are more aggressive looking.
Yep, the Pirellis are also a very solid choice and priced very well coparatively. The weight/MPG thing is still ringing in my ear...
The Coopers. My wife has them on her Durango and I just got them put on the Ram today. Smooth, quiet, severe weather rated, aggressive but not crazy.
I've looked at Coopers as well. Obviously a great tire but my hesitations are mpg hit and higher cost when compared...though the 65K warranty offsets that a bit. They, like the Pirellis, weigh 3-4lbs more than Conti's or Firestones.

Yes, I'm well aware that AT tires and MPG's are opposing forces so to speak, however the weight seems to me to be the biggest culprit. I'm researching the hell outta this to find the best overall compromise that suits my use case the best.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, the Pirellis are also a very solid choice and priced very well coparatively. The weight/MPG thing is still ringing in my ear...

I've looked at Coopers as well. Obviously a great tire but my hesitations are mpg hit and higher cost when compared...though the 65K warranty offsets that a bit. They, like the Pirellis, weigh 3-4lbs more than Conti's or Firestones.

Yes, I'm well aware that AT tires and MPG's are opposing forces so to speak, however the weight seems to me to be the biggest culprit. I'm researching the hell outta this to find the best overall compromise that suits my use case the best.
It’s not ridiculous for you to be concerned with mpg’s. I've taken a decent hit of ~2mpg on my 22’s with Open Country AT3 LT285/50/22’s over the stock 20” deulers. It’s not surprising though since each new wheel/tire combo is 16LB heavier, but is disappointing when the truck never saw mpg estimates when it was stock.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It’s not ridiculous for you to be concerned with mpg’s. I've taken a decent hit of ~2mpg on my 22’s with Open Country AT3 LT285/50/22’s over the stock 20” deulers. It’s not surprising though since each new wheel/tire combo is 16LB heavier, but is disappointing when the truck never saw mpg estimates when it was stock.
Oh man that's a bummer. In contrast, I have to say I'm overly pleased with my highway MPG...my overall hand calculated average for 95% highway trips is 20.9mpg. I've put 31,000 miles on this truck since February, so you can see why the highway mpg matters and is why I'm focused on longevity, MPG and road noise. These things are also why I'm still considering non-AT tires too....but man I just wanna find that perfect compromise.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh man that's a bummer. In contrast, I have to say I'm overly pleased with my highway MPG...my overall hand calculated average for 95% highway trips is 20.9mpg. I've put 31,000 miles on this truck since February, so you can see why the highway mpg matters and is why I'm focused on longevity, MPG and road noise. These things are also why I'm still considering non-AT tires too....but man I just wanna find that perfect compromise.
I'm in the same boat, I drive a ton of hwy miles, so I think about my mpg's when I'm considering to upgrade.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It always sucks to lose mpg’s, but you’re right, it’s a compromise. I’ve already gotten three compliments on my wheels today and they make me smile every time I look at them. I just need to not be so impulsive with my next ram truck purchase and at least wait for a diesel so I’m happy with mpg’s.

Users who are viewing this thread